Euro Qualifiers Nov’19

That's all well and good and from a football standpoint I am in full agreement.

However, I think you need to read what I actually written because the ramblings above bear absolutely no relation to what I put.

i read your point - but I give a comment on every England match pretty much and don’t feel I should be quiet with praise because the manager dropped a City player.

i read your point - but I give a comment on every England match pretty much and don’t feel I should be quiet with praise because the manager dropped a City player.

Horses for courses.

You reap what you sew on here.

I will only judge him on England results and performances.
Believe me, West Ham fans at one point was going mad at Southgate for not picking Noble.
I wasn’t one of them.
He is the manager - he is free to pick, drop and do whatever the hell he likes. He could drop Kane and put Neil Ruddock up front for all I care.
If he gets results and we’re playing well then that’s all I care about. That is not being a WUM. That’s my honest opinion. I couldn’t care less if had a vendetta against picking West Ham players as long as England are doing well.
If you think Southgate picks that team you’re as daft as twin Harry Kane’s.

fair enough. Apologies for giving England a bit of praise. Very disrespectful.

Ha!

There you go again. I have no problem with the praise for England it was specifically bringing up Southgate where the challenge was, but then you know that!

I'll leave it here.

If you think Southgate picks that team you’re as daft as twin Harry Kane’s.

I specifically recall when Southgate was manager he would never drop Rooney. It was one of the first things he did.

since then he has, in the main, picked young and on form players , I think we was the youngest side at the World Cup. He got a lot of praise for that. I don’t think he’s wavered from that. There will always be questionable selections because we all have our club loyalty’s and I fully agree the Sterling situation could have been handled a lot better - but that aside. He is the manager and he should be making the decisions, even if it’s unpopular or else why have a manager - the time to give him slack is if performances and results are not going well, to date, they’ve been pretty good.

I specifically recall when Southgate was manager he would never drop Rooney. It was one of the first things he did.

since then he has, in the main, picked young and on form players , I think we was the youngest side at the World Cup. He got a lot of praise for that. I don’t think he’s wavered from that. There will always be questionable selections because we all have our club loyalty’s and I fully agree the Sterling situation could have been handled a lot better - but that aside. He is the manager and he should be making the decisions, even if it’s unpopular or else why have a manager - the time to give him slack is if performances and results are not going well, to date, they’ve been pretty good.
I couldn’t care less about sterling getting dropped in fact I’d love it if no city player played for England again. The standard compared with the prem is like comparing the woman’s and men’s games. I just don’t believe Southgate picks the squad. I think those above him make the decisions and he like a long line of yes men before him falls in line.

I couldn’t care less about sterling getting dropped in fact I’d love it if no city player played for England again. The standard compared with the prem is like comparing the woman’s and men’s games. I just don’t believe Southgate picks the squad. I think those above him make the decisions and he like a long line of yes men before him falls in line.

maybe. But I feel that accusation gets thrown at every England manager regardless of who gets picks. Would you pick much of a different squad/team selection than what Southgate has ? I think for years we’ve been calling for a Manager to pick young on form players ... and from what I can see, that seems to be the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.