Europa League draw

Re: Re: Europa League draw

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
If you look at Porto's points tally from last year it includes 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw right through the comp. Then various bonus points for progressing through the stages, then the country co-efficient.
You know what? That's not what it says on the UEFA web-site but I think you're right as it's the only way I can get to 28 points. They won 5 and drew 1 of the group stage games, giving them 11 points then won 7 of their nine knock-out games giving them 14 and a total of 25. They also got 3 bonus points (although I thought it should have been 4).
Apology accepted Colin. ;-)

Ps good luck tomorrow. I'll be listening.
Could be a long day in front of your radio Sam. I'm not on till Sunday!

And moomba is spot on as I've found a UEFA document that confirms it's 2 points for a win and one for a draw from the group stages onwards then 1 bonus point for getting to each of the quarters, semis and the final.

So if we win all four of our R32 & R16 games, then W1 D1 in the last 8 and W1 L1 in the semis to go out, we'll still get 15 more points. That might just be enough for Pot 2 next season which is a good enough reason in itself to take the competition seriously.

Re: Re: Europa League draw

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You know what? That's not what it says on the UEFA web-site but I think you're right as it's the only way I can get to 28 points. They won 5 and drew 1 of the group stage games, giving them 11 points then won 7 of their nine knock-out games giving them 14 and a total of 25. They also got 3 bonus points (although I thought it should have been 4).
Apology accepted Colin. ;-)

Ps good luck tomorrow. I'll be listening.
Could be a long day in front of your radio Sam. I'm not on till Sunday!

And moomba is spot on as I've found a UEFA document that confirms it's 2 points for a win and one for a draw from the group stages onwards then 1 bonus point for getting to each of the quarters, semis and the final.

So if we win all four of our R32 & R16 games, then W1 D1 in the last 8 and W1 L1 in the semis to go out, we'll still get 15 more points. That might just be enough for Pot 2 next season which is a good enough reason in itself to take the competition seriously.
Bugger. It was something to do tomorrow, I hope it will be on a podcast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.