Europa League Knockout Round Draw

Cobwebcat said:
1fingerwillie said:
I know exactly how the methodology works and fully understand that recent years are weighted higher. The fact is though, that by using three years of data, it only generally predicts the best team but fails for exceptional teams that have had dramatic changes in the last 1 or 2 years (e.g. City). This is why Liverpool is still rated above us. Over time this will correct itself but right now the system does NOT predict City's current form. This is simply not debatable.

Comparing the number of points a team has in their group with a team in another group does not make logical sense. They are in different groups and some groups are more competitive than others. For instance I don't believe any team in Group L is currently sitting in the top 3 of any of the big four leagues in Europe. Group A by contrast does in fact have a team in that position.

I never said Porto wasn't the best team in the comp. I was simply suggesting that the "facts" you use for your argument are flimsy at best.

Well we don't disagree anymore then as I clearly stated City as an anomoly. You would not be able to find a better method overall however I believe.

so you don't think my post was legitimate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.