Europa League (Merged)

birchwoodgingerste

Uefa cup pitfalls for the rest of the season?

i hope we dont go into the eufa cup dont get me wrong but seeing city playing in any competition is great but with all the big games we have coming up this is something we could definately do without.playing wednesday -sat or sun in places like italy or spain is one thing but having to play thursdays in remote places in the world would be a bad thing.players need time to recover between games and i think this could shipwreck our title bid so come on city beat bayern and lets prey villa real can pull a rabit out of the hat and do us an almighty favour.

Re: Eufa cup pitfulls for the rest of the season?

birchwoodgingerste said:
i hope we dont go into the eufa cup dont get me wrong but seeing city playing in any competition is great but with all the big games we have coming up this is something we could definately do without.playing wednesday -sat or sun in places like italy or spain is one thing but having to play thursdays in remote places in the world would be a bad thing.players need time to recover between games and i think this could shipwreck our title bid so come on city beat bayern and lets prey villa real can pull a rabit out of the hat and do us an almighty favour.

finishing 3rd was the worst place to finish - sepends what happens with the league personally i think we will use it to put together a make shif team

A few seasons ago when Fowler missed that pen against the Boro I was gutted that we didn't make the Europa League, now we are saying we don't want to be in it.

How far have we come in such a short time ?

I hope we don't make it because I want us to progress in the champions league.

If that doesn't happen I can't wait for the Europa league, great opportunity for the club.

Pitfulls of completely damaging team morale or exhausting key players. But I think it would be great to see new rotations of players & youth players in the tournament as I think it would be the least important of all competitions & this would make it interesting. Let Platt take charge of a couple games. Show UEFA what a joke their fixture list is by taking the piss.

I can't see Mancini playing his best players in the Europa like he would for the champions league so I don't think it will harm are title challenge whatsoever

Re: Uefa cup pitfalls for the rest of the season?

If we fail on Wednesday or Napoli win then our League cup team will become our Europa League team.

I see this as a fantastic development for some of our younger players and a good run out for the older guys as it keeps them match fit. It's a win win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.