Europa League (Merged)

vincent said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Spent a few days in Bucharest about five years ago, the decent bars where the more affluent locals drank were still dirt cheap!

A scary place though, very eastern block and a little oppressive, the football is taken very seriously

I flew back as the bin dippers were arriving in droves for a game versus a local side I seem to remember

I was there 6 weeks ago. Didn't get that feeling at all. Its a great city. The night life is fantastic and its a very safe city (low crime figures in comparison to other European capitals which is perhaps surprising). If we do get there, everyone will head to the old town - hundreds of cool bars and open until 5am. Very cheap too.

Thats because all the thieving scumbag Romanians come over here the day they were allowed in the European Union

Is it just me or does the thought of getting a possible europa draw against a team like Ajax really excite me. Plus there is the bonus of it being nice and local.

WakeBlue said:
Is it just me or does the thought of getting a possible europa draw against a team like Ajax really excite me. Plus there is the bonus of it being nice and local.

You just want to get stoned and laid, probably miss the match

BoyBlue_1985 said:
WakeBlue said:

You just want to get stoned and laid, probably miss the match

There is that too:)

For anyone interested these are the dates of the Europa league games and who we play next.....

16/2 - No Prem game (Poss FA Cup)
23/2- Blackburn H
8/3 - Swansea A
15/3 - Chelsea H
29/3 -Sunderland H
5/4 - Arsenal A
19/4 - Wolves A
26/4 - United H
9/5 - QPR H

Certainly dont want to be playing full strength sides before Chelsea, Arsenal and Rags although by Rags game that would be be Semi final 2nd leg.

Re: Uefa cup pitfalls for the rest of the season?

berryblue said:
To remain in the CL would be perfect but dropping into the Europa Cup rather than finishing 4th is a good thing. Coefficient points gained in the Europa Cup, although only half of what we would attain in the CL is essential. City's ratings last year put us in Pot 3 and one of the reasons we ended up in such a difficult group. We need to get into Pot 1 and the only way is by qualifying and winning/drawing in UEFA competitions. We also win nearly £400,000 (CL) and £200,000 (EC) in prize money for winning games. This income will be essential when the Fair Play Rules come in in 2015.

Indeed. Despite playing in the Europa Stoke currently have a higher Coefficient rating for this season than either of the Manchester sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.