European atmosphere ?

MSP said:
Hi everybody :)

I've just joined after reading this thread. I never understood why is atmosphere on English stadiums so different than on most of other European stadiums. People love football everywhere, there are tons of football fanatics in each European counts but still.. football is not part of lives and, can I say culture, as it is in England.

Still, to be honest, I found atmosphere on your stadiums as exciting as that on NBA matches, you just don't sing defense, defense :)

Was it always like that or it has something with football fan laws from Tatcher era ? Have you ever had atmosphere that looked like one posted on several videos on this thread.

And I would agree with guy who said that most of songs that could be heard on English stadiums are pretty childish... there is one melody I hear on every bloody match (with different words obvious) that look like some preschool song.

I would really enjoy if I could see that changes in the future. Premier League is full of glamor, great teams, great players, extremely loyal fans and attendance but it sometimes looks like a theater. At least to us from continental Europe as we are used on completely different stuff.

And here is the video with my favorite firm and oldest one in Europe, it's Torcida Split. This one is from biggest Croatian derby between Hajduk Split and Dinamo Zagreb. These guys don't stop ever. Would really enjoy to see something like this on English stadiums and specially on Eastlands as you're my favorite English team since Dzeko joined :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aseX2w34ZhI[/youtube]

Well there aren't many rivalries that can match these 2 for passion, it's more than football.

Da zivota iman dva, ja bi oba tebi da

MSP said:
Hi everybody :)

I've just joined after reading this thread. I never understood why is atmosphere on English stadiums so different than on most of other European stadiums. People love football everywhere, there are tons of football fanatics in each European counts but still.. football is not part of lives and, can I say culture, as it is in England.

Still, to be honest, I found atmosphere on your stadiums as exciting as that on NBA matches, you just don't sing defense, defense :)

Was it always like that or it has something with football fan laws from Tatcher era ? Have you ever had atmosphere that looked like one posted on several videos on this thread.

And I would agree with guy who said that most of songs that could be heard on English stadiums are pretty childish... there is one melody I hear on every bloody match (with different words obvious) that look like some preschool song.

I would really enjoy if I could see that changes in the future. Premier League is full of glamor, great teams, great players, extremely loyal fans and attendance but it sometimes looks like a theater. At least to us from continental Europe as we are used on completely different stuff.

And here is the video with my favorite firm and oldest one in Europe, it's Torcida Split. This one is from biggest Croatian derby between Hajduk Split and Dinamo Zagreb. These guys don't stop ever. Would really enjoy to see something like this on English stadiums and specially on Eastlands as you're my favorite English team since Dzeko joined :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aseX2w34ZhI[/youtube]

I think the best time for English football (from what I've seen on videos, DVDs, YouTube, British Pathé...) was back in the 1920's and 1930's. Stadiums regularly saw crowds of 60000 right up to 85000 all around the country. Both City and Chelsea (clubs accused if having no history by the arrogant twats like Liverpool fans and the media) have record crowds well above 80000. Rather than waving flags and whatnot, you see everyone waving their flatcaps and rattles. All standing as well. Imagine how good it would have been!

Aptly for this thread, I was taking good notice of the atmosphere at the CoMS yesterday and I have to say it was absolutely SHIT (apart from in the 24th minute!)! As usual! There's no reason why we can't have decent atmospheres in England I just think football fans here are apathetic. Just like everything socially in this country. Unfortunately, we're all lazy twats. The crux of it comes because people can't be arsed making the effort. I mean, I commented and pointed out to the bloke sat next to me yesterday that dozens of people were exiting the stadium on 78minutes! That's the earliest I've ever noticed it before. Things will struggle to improve when this sort shit happens. Mancini took Silva off on about 84mins and there had been a good few thousand fans leave by then so the man who IMO was man of the match got a lot less of a standing ovation than he deserved!

And even during the game I saw loads of empty seats. The tannoy announcer said there were over 46000 there yesterday - BOLLOCKS! City, just tell us the truth! After watching Match of the Day last night we were the only game where you could see obvious amounts of empty seats! Where the fuck are all our fans? It was a Saturday 3pm kick off but i reckon there were about 43-44000 there. There are 6million people living in the North West of England, and if you think of the other side if the Pennines and North Wales there could easily be 10million people living in easy commuting distance to Manchester. Why can't we fill out stadium?

I long for a proper atmosphere at City! But I can't see where it will come from, there are too many factors that go against making it good. Across England there are a few clubs like us. But I reckon we are quite a way down the list of best atmopsheres in the Prem.

Maine_Road said:
do you wish eastlands had more of a European style atmosphere ? I for one think it would be fantastic if the singing section and the south stand were to adopt the European atmosphere as we have already taken on the poznan as our own would you like to see sections of the ground bounceing round with flags , scarfs , inflatables , blue flares ? not just for one game but week in week out and bring it to away grounds with us !
what would it take for the this to happen ?
evan clubs in the conference premier can do it !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW_t1iXOcw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW_t1iXOcw</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CofBk3xaMUg&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CofBk3xa ... re=related</a>

would any one else love to see this atmosphere at eastlands ? or am i on my own ha ha :S

I am so fucking up for that shit its untrue. I see no problem with adopting other styles of support. You only have to look abroad to places like Greece, Turkey, Eastern Europe & South America to see how things should be done.

I think the best time for English football (from what I've seen on videos, DVDs, YouTube, British Pathé...) was back in the 1920's and 1930's. Stadiums regularly saw crowds of 60000 right up to 85000 all around the country. Both City and Chelsea (clubs accused if having no history by the arrogant twats like Liverpool fans and the media) have record crowds well above 80000. Rather than waving flags and whatnot, you see everyone waving their flatcaps and rattles. All standing as well. Imagine how good it would have been!

Aptly for this thread, I was taking good notice of the atmosphere at the CoMS yesterday and I have to say it was absolutely SHIT (apart from in the 24th minute!)! As usual! There's no reason why we can't have decent atmospheres in England I just think football fans here are apathetic. Just like everything socially in this country. Unfortunately, we're all lazy twats. The crux of it comes because people can't be arsed making the effort. I mean, I commented and pointed out to the bloke sat next to me yesterday that dozens of people were exiting the stadium on 78minutes! That's the earliest I've ever noticed it before. Things will struggle to improve when this sort shit happens. Mancini took Silva off on about 84mins and there had been a good few thousand fans leave by then so the man who IMO was man of the match got a lot less of a standing ovation than he deserved!

And even during the game I saw loads of empty seats. The tannoy announcer said there were over 46000 there yesterday - BOLLOCKS! City, just tell us the truth! After watching Match of the Day last night we were the only game where you could see obvious amounts of empty seats! Where the fuck are all our fans? It was a Saturday 3pm kick off but i reckon there were about 43-44000 there. There are 6million people living in the North West of England, and if you think of the other side if the Pennines and North Wales there could easily be 10million people living in easy commuting distance to Manchester. Why can't we fill out stadium?

I long for a proper atmosphere at City! But I can't see where it will come from, there are too many factors that go against making it good. Across England there are a few clubs like us. But I reckon we are quite a way down the list of best atmopsheres in the Prem.[/quote]

It's been discussed plenty but I think Eastlands will begin to generate proper atmosphere on a regular basis once we have won a pot of some sort. There is a whole generation who have never known anything but failure, I'm 50 and can hardly remember what it actually feels like to win anything, it's just a distant memory.

Once we have overcome that and tasted proper success everyone will be able to relax a little and enjoy games, properly enjoy them rather than be waiting for it all to go wrong.

"Typical City" has been the mantra for that long, I don't hear it from supporters of other clubs about their own team.

mi mate normally sorts the tickets out and 9/10 were in 110 or 109 but yesterday we were (cos he did late) in the east stand level 3 and ive gotta say the atmosphere (except for neil youngs tributes) was dogshit.

we really need singing sections in every stand maybe reduce the price for a singing section season ticket? and if you get a cheeky fooker who wants a cheap ticket but wants to come and sit n read the paper then fook him off.

nw42 said:
It's been discussed plenty but I think Eastlands will begin to generate proper atmosphere on a regular basis once we have won a pot of some sort. There is a whole generation who have never known anything but failure, I'm 50 and can hardly remember what it actually feels like to win anything, it's just a distant memory.

Once we have overcome that and tasted proper success everyone will be able to relax a little and enjoy games, properly enjoy them rather than be waiting for it all to go wrong.

"Typical City" has been the mantra for that long, I don't hear it from supporters of other clubs about their own team.

Good point! It will give us something to sing about I suppose. The more and more we okay in Europe the better we'll get as we are taught lessons on how to create an atmosphere!

Anyone watching the Old Firm derby? The atmosphere is amazing! Both sets of fans sing old fashioned, long, complicated, tuneful football songs. What I notice as well is that they sing their songs for longer than we do. We'll blast out a verse or two but then it'll just fade away before it catches on around the rest of the ground. They sound so much better than English atmopsheres. Only Liverpool and United have these ones of songs in abundance.

Since this thread was posted our atmosphere has been in my head. Surely we're capable of it?!

danburge82 said:
Anyone watching the Old Firm derby? The atmosphere is amazing! Both sets of fans sing old fashioned, long, complicated, tuneful football songs. What I notice as well is that they sing their songs for longer than we do. We'll blast out a verse or two but then it'll just fade away before it catches on around the rest of the ground. They sound so much better than English atmopsheres. Only Liverpool and United have these ones of songs in abundance.

Since this thread was posted our atmosphere has been in my head. Surely we're capable of it?!

The songs at Ibrox are mainly related to the sectarianism, yes it makes for a great atmosphere but don't be fooled into thinking it's all football related.

Things will pick up at Eastlands once the pressure has lifted.

I guess your main problem is lack of organized firms that get their own part of stand. Firms filled with young lads are those who make an atmosphere, you can never expect that whole stadium would sing and jump whole match, there are tons of families there, older people etc..

But to be able to make something like most of continental Europe teams have you should build an organized firm and push club authorities to reserve one area on the stadium specially for you. So you can be grouped and not mixed with oldies and families.

MSP said:
I guess your main problem is lack of organized firms that get their own part of stand. Firms filled with young lads are those who make an atmosphere, you can never expect that whole stadium would sing and jump whole match, there are tons of families there, older people etc..

But to be able to make something like most of continental Europe teams have you should build an organized firm and push club authorities to reserve one area on the stadium specially for you. So you can be grouped and not mixed with oldies and families.

Cheeky fooker!

If/when we have turned the corner and started winning something the confidence will sweep around the place, it will rock just like Maine Rd did, ok it won't quite be the same but it will get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.