European atmosphere ?

we could get besiktas if we beat aris and they beat dynamo kiev, would gladly welcome them to coms

Forzacitizens said:
we could get besiktas if we beat aris and they beat dynamo kiev, would gladly welcome them to coms

if we do, there is a turkish besiktas fan at our work who'd love to come to the match with me. he is a little apprehensive as it's obvious he's a turk but i reckon if he was sat with me in the colin bell top tier, he could wear his besiktas shirt and get no bother. anybody disagree?

citykev28 said:
Forzacitizens said:

if we do, there is a turkish besiktas fan at our work who'd love to come to the match with me. he is a little apprehensive as it's obvious he's a turk but i reckon if he was sat with me in the colin bell top tier, he could wear his besiktas shirt and get no bother. anybody disagree?

Good question mate as my girlfriend is turkish so I would want to go with her, and Besiktas is her favourite team. I'd immagine they'd get no trouble

Forzacitizens said:
citykev28 said:

Good question mate as my girlfriend is turkish so I would want to go with her, and Besiktas is her favourite team. I'd immagine they'd get no trouble

i thought that maybe it would depend on how the 1st leg went. if it goes off with no bother, he'll be fine. but if it was like galatasaray when the rags went, it would be a non-starter.

citykev28 said:
Forzacitizens said:

i thought that maybe it would depend on how the 1st leg went. if it goes off with no bother, he'll be fine. but if it was like galatasaray when the rags went, it would be a non-starter.

true mate, I think the galatasaray fans are the worst in turkey apparently. And to be honest she wouldn't be wearing any besiktas colours anyway, the last time we went together she wore city colours obviously. I hope we play now actually but it would certainly be a tough game. And they have to beat Dynamo first anyway.

galatasaray and fenerbache despise each other obviously. but my mate is from bursa despite supporting besiktas and he says that these two are also deadly enemies. when bursaspor played besiktas in bursa, he daren't go out in his besiktas shirt all week. he said he never really got into going to matches because the violence could be so bad. the thing is, he's a right handy bastard as well.

Bring back the good old bananas ;)
bananas.jpg

Hi everybody :)

I've just joined after reading this thread. I never understood why is atmosphere on English stadiums so different than on most of other European stadiums. People love football everywhere, there are tons of football fanatics in each European counts but still.. football is not part of lives and, can I say culture, as it is in England.

Still, to be honest, I found atmosphere on your stadiums as exciting as that on NBA matches, you just don't sing defense, defense :)

Was it always like that or it has something with football fan laws from Tatcher era ? Have you ever had atmosphere that looked like one posted on several videos on this thread.

And I would agree with guy who said that most of songs that could be heard on English stadiums are pretty childish... there is one melody I hear on every bloody match (with different words obvious) that look like some preschool song.

I would really enjoy if I could see that changes in the future. Premier League is full of glamor, great teams, great players, extremely loyal fans and attendance but it sometimes looks like a theater. At least to us from continental Europe as we are used on completely different stuff.

And here is the video with my favorite firm and oldest one in Europe, it's Torcida Split. This one is from biggest Croatian derby between Hajduk Split and Dinamo Zagreb. These guys don't stop ever. Would really enjoy to see something like this on English stadiums and specially on Eastlands as you're my favorite English team since Dzeko joined :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aseX2w34ZhI[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.