European away games ticketing policy

So, after weeks and weeks of arguments, counter arguments, false accusations, and plenty of utter bollocks, it now transpires that virtually everyone who was interested would have qualified anyway.

Forget loyalty points, the first priority for the Last 16 should be all the fans who travelled to Barca and BMG.

So, after weeks and weeks of arguments, counter arguments, false accusations, and plenty of utter bollocks, it now transpires that virtually everyone who was interested would have qualified anyway.

Forget loyalty points, the first priority for the Last 16 should be all the fans who travelled to Barca and BMG.
And Bucharesti

Now sold out. Hope everyone who wanted one got sorted.
No . I missed out by 180 points . I was due to buy mine today . I also know three people who have half my points who have tickets from friends who qualify . Two of the three aren't even on the cup scheme. I didn't even know until yesterday that City are posting out tickets . As per usual I will be still traveling without a ticket . Cup schemes / loyalty points ....... what's the point .

Correct
No . I missed out by 180 points . I was due to buy mine today . I also know three people who have half my points who have tickets from friends who qualify . Two of the three aren't even on the cup scheme. I didn't even know until yesterday that City are posting out tickets . As per usual I will be still traveling without a ticket . Cup schemes / loyalty points ....... what's the point .

Correct, Mullsy
I have 8000 points. Plainly obvious why I have got nowhere near a ticket this time when I got a PSG away ticket last year which was, at the time, our biggest ever away Euro match (we'll possibly excluding the CWC final). Another match I have to go in the home end. I cannot see any defence for the ticketing policy.

Correct

Correct, Mullsy
I have 8000 points. Plainly obvious why I have got nowhere near a ticket this time when I got a PSG away ticket last year which was, at the time, our biggest ever away Euro match (we'll possibly excluding the CWC final). Another match I have to go in the home end. I cannot see any defence for the ticketing policy.
1. There were a number of reasons Paris went to low points, terrorist threat, short time to sort things out, expensive and ticket collection.
2. Madrid sold out at 9000 points with ticket collection and a larger allocation.
3. With ticket collection Celtic went down to the dizzy low of 13,250
4. BMG is a smaller allocation
5. Thinking you'd get a ticket for BMG on 8000 points with or without collection is delusional

For a European away (With ticket collection) i would not even bother booking flight / accom ect without 10k points and on the cup scheme. If it goes below 10k points take it as a bonus. The only way to safe guard a flight and accom booking is to go through the club who do not take money unless it goes down to your points (Granted they aint going to fly with a half empty aircraft!)

For me the issue is two fold. One - the unacceptable points whoring which can be resolved via picking tickets up in advance. A fair system which just needs improving to make it easier
And 2 - a far bigger issue - the arsing about with ticket sales until it is too late. BMG selling out 2.5 weeks before the game. It could have been sold almost 2 months ago - that way you could have got cheaper flights and better accommodation. Amazing how they can do it for home games?!?!? I am not going to book flights and hotel 2 months ago on the off chance I get tickets and if not scrabble around in Germany. Twenty years ago, perhaps. I have worked in industries where we do our best to look after our customers. In football this is even more important as your customers (fans) are not interested in competitors they are interested in your product. So treat them with respect rather than flog tickets last minute with an attitude of "stuff them" if they are big enough fans they will either buy early on the off chance of getting tickets or pay through the nose late on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.