European City Breaks

Is Stockholm really expensive? A friend told me Oslo was bad so we flipped to Stockholm but haven’t done much research. Nothing prob as expensive as Iceland. I swear a pizza and pasta cost me £70 haha

Had a beer and a burger in a pub in the central station 25 quid. Two soups 2 slices of cake and a drink in the old town was 50 quid. Not to say you cant find cheaper places but i would say it's more expensive than london

Central Stockholm was 99 Krona for a beer when I was last out there. You paid a bit less if you drank around the Gamla Stan or Sodermalm. Like Amsterdam or Oslo, it’s expensive.

I love Sweden but it’s a treat to go.

Still looking for tips on Budapest.
There are several Trofea Grill "All you can eat" buffets that are really good for price & quality e g. venison. Booze can be included and it's well worth it
Hire a bike to ride around Margaret Island - it's peaceful in a busy city.
Go to Buda which has more sight-seeing attractions for a great view of the whole city.
Loads of brilliant bars in Pest (which is the busier side of the city), try the Ruin Bars e.g. Simpla Kert which are very different.
As an exciled Welshman, enjoy the Wales vs. Hungary game - I heard that tickets are very hard to get ?
Pob Hwyl...

Diolch.

We’re in the Jewish Quarter for the Ruin Bars as everybody has recommended them. As with many of the European cities we visit, there’s an old town for the real night life.

I’m on seven recent aways now so I managed to squeeze in for Hungary away. I didn’t bother with Croatia.

Diolch.

We’re in the Jewish Quarter for the Ruin Bars as everybody has recommended them. As with many of the European cities we visit, there’s an old town for the real night life.

I’m on seven recent aways now so I managed to squeeze in for Hungary away. I didn’t bother with Croatia.
I'd recommend going to a baths. Most of Budapest sits on springs or thermals. I went to the Gellert one in Buda, just across the Danube from Pest. Lovely architecture and the springs really helped my aching limbs after just doing the Brightin marathon

I like to 'when in Rome' when go abroad but really wished I hadn't indulged in the local spirit 'unicum'. Looks and takes like tar.

Great place though. Don't tell them they're Eastern European if you talk to them, they hate it. 'Central' Europe apparently.

Raki in Albania was lethal. A lime green acid. They gave it away for free with food.

The beauty of following Wales away is that you have a reason to visit the most random places. It’s Azerbaijan in November...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.