European match weekender

Come on people. I know you’ve all been away. Tell me places to watch please.

Ryan Air into Eindhoven (Friday afters out, return Sunday afters ) and then a 45 min train to Breda.Catch a few City loanees too probably.

Went with the wife last season but it looks a great place for a gang of lads to go too, loads of bars.They love to talk City too.

ScaringEuropetoDeath on here is the expert, hope he sees this post.He once told me Bochum in Germany is a great place, think all the German stags and hen parties go there.Sure he will advise even though hes an old fooker like me.

My experience is that you have a much better experience at a lower division club if you want to do a game, all the big clubs have tourists who dont know shit.

if i recall they do them 6 weeks in advance so expect something pretty quickly after the season starts

went to dortmund when we played them in the champions league, didnt spend much time there though as we stayed in dusseldorf

Cheers pal. We were actually looking at flights to Cologne and home from Düsseldorf for cheapness when we were talking about Dortmund.

I’d back up what @cptaidan88 says about Berlin; it’s a fantastic and fascinating city and I’ve been to both the Olympic stadium, which is now a brilliant venue and Stadion An der Alten Fösterei (Union), which has a capacity of 22 000.

If you decide to go to watch Union, it might be wise to check on availability of tickets, though you will probably have no trouble getting in the away supporters' end. When I arrived at the ground, the home stands were sold out, but I managed to get in with the away fans, even though there were a lot (Eintracht Frankfurt).

Wherever you go, I hope you enjoy yourself and have a great time.

For my 40th in October, me and a group of mates are looking to go away for a weekend and watch a match in Europe.

Dortmund was the favourite but I contacted them and it seems like we have no chance of buying tickets from them without paying €62 for a membership which doesn’t guarantee us tickets anyway.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get them or other places you may have been where the city is decent and tickets are easier to come by?

Valencia. Great City and we got tickets at the Valencia shop in town.

I’d back up what @cptaidan88 says about Berlin; it’s a fantastic and fascinating city and I’ve been to both the Olympic stadium, which is now a brilliant venue and Stadion An der Alten Fösterei (Union), which has a capacity of 22 000.

If you decide to go to watch Union, it might be wise to check on availability of tickets, though you will probably have no trouble getting in the away supporters' end. When I arrived at the ground, the home stands were sold out, but I managed to get in with the away fans, even though there were a lot (Eintracht Frankfurt).

Wherever you go, I hope you enjoy yourself and have a great time.
Cheers. Berlin was one the very short list. Maybe next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.