European referees anyone?

Mugatu said:
richardtheref said:
Also, i think you would find that Spanish, French, German, Italien refs are in general no different to ours.

Correct Richard, I think there's a "grass is greener" mentality in the UK when the subject of foreign referees is brought up. Ask fans of (let's say), Heerenveen, Breda or Ajax what the standard of Dutch referees is like and they'll all carp on about how awful they are. Germany? Ditto. France? Ditto. In fact a lot of fans from across the channel do exactly the same as is happening here, they all wish they could have an English referee. Everybody wishes they could have someone else's refs.

Why does this happen? Quite simply, the Champions League and UEFA officials being appointed to those games. If you had say, Spanish La Liga referees every week there would soon be moans about decisions. There is no perfect refereeing panacea over the water, they're all human too.

It's not about being human and making the odd mistake it's about being corrupt.

wayne71 said:

No, it's about being human and making mistakes. I take it you've got some proof of this corruption? I mean, something concrete, photos of officials taking bribes, documentary proof of payments, that kind of thing, rather than the usual "we should have had a penalty in X and Y games, which let's face it is just blah.

Mugatu said:
wayne71 said:

No, it's about being human and making mistakes. I take it you've got some proof of this corruption? I mean, something concrete, photos of officials taking bribes, documentary proof of payments, that kind of thing, rather than the usual "we should have had a penalty in X and Y games, which let's face it is just blah.

Yes I have proof, I'm just keeping it a secret because I enjoy watching us get shafted every other week...

Mancini Manus Domini said:
In the Champions League you can get a referee from France one week, Spain after that, and then an Italian etc.

Why don't we import officials like this for the Premier League, and visa versa?

We all know how much presure Utd put the officials under, and they must fear going to Old Trafford 4 times a season, incurring the wrath of Fergie & Rooney; but a referee from Germany, who will be there once in a season, wouldn't give a monkensie!

I'd rather try our luck with referees from Latvia, Bulgaria and Greece than with Foy, Clattenburg and Dowd.

What and the FA have no say on outcomes....Wont happen.

samharris said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
In the Champions League you can get a referee from France one week, Spain after that, and then an Italian etc.

Why don't we import officials like this for the Premier League, and visa versa?

We all know how much presure Utd put the officials under, and they must fear going to Old Trafford 4 times a season, incurring the wrath of Fergie & Rooney; but a referee from Germany, who will be there once in a season, wouldn't give a monkensie!

I'd rather try our luck with referees from Latvia, Bulgaria and Greece than with Foy, Clattenburg and Dowd.

What and the FA have no say on outcomes....Wont happen.

They'll probably be glad to get all the hassle off their backs. It's a win win situation. It's like the British being a fully fledged member of the EU and therefore defering to the European Court of Human Rights as the highest court in the land (well abroad if you get my drift). If the British Parlaimentary system can defer to common laws established by a central European system then i'm sure the FA can.

In Polish league we have referees from...Japan (and vice versa) :)
It works very well so far.

Foreign referees really are piss poor,last night's was a joke - but no different to 99% of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.