Euro's - Richards/Ferdinand miss out

It's almost like Woy was hand picked just to keep every English Liverpool and United in the squad..

Nah, couldn't be.

Breaker said:
It's almost like Woy was hand picked just to keep every English Liverpool and United in the squad..

Nah, couldn't be.

Sometimes you just can't look past world class talent like Downing, Carroll or Glen Johnson. Some positions fortunately pick themselves.

Micah has to be injured. I just point blank refuse to believe that Glen Johnson and Baresi Jones are better options at right back. Best defence in the league TWO YEARS RUNNING. Who the fuck's daughter did Micah impale to be so consistently denied a place outside of friendlies?

And Johnson may not be holding down a starting place at City but look who he's got to bloody get past! He's still infinitely more useful coming on as a sub to score you a winning goal than practically everyone else we're taking!

STRIKERS: Holt, Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck.

MIDFIELDERS: Barry, Adam Johnson, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Parker, Nathan Dyer, Young.

DEFENDERS: Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Lescott, Richards, Jones.

GOALKEEPERS: Hart, Green, Ruddy

----------------Hart---------------
--Richards--Cahill---Lescott--Cole--
----------Gerrard---Barry----------
----Young--Sturridge---Johnson----
----------------Holt----------------

Meh.

Micah's reaction on BBC Sport, typically upbeat and patriotic. Feel gutted for the lad.

Micah Richards, who was not selected in England's Euro 2012 squad, tells Manchester City's official website: "Of course my initial reaction is to be gutted but a manager is there to pick a squad and he cannot pick everyone.

"No one will be cheering louder than me for England when the championships start. My really good mates from City and other clubs will be playing and of course I want my country to win.

"I will take myself off on holiday and come back refreshed and ready to start again next season.

"There is so much to look forward to starting with City's trip to China and Malaysia and then the Community Shield match against Chelsea. We are defending the Premier League title and we will be ready to be competitive in the Champions League.

"Hopefully I will play my share of those games and will be selected for the England squad at some time in the future."

Absolutely gutted for Micah. Johnson doesn't really deserve to go although he's better than Mister Zero Stewart Downing.

And NOT injured by the sound of it !!

What the Media says

Season 2011/12

Micah Richards wishes England well

Wed 16 May 2012, 3:03PM
Posted byChris Eccles

Micah Richards has spoken of his disappointment at missing out on a place in England’s European Championships, but wished the Three Lions success at the tournament in Poland the Ukraine.

After being recalled by caretaker boss Stuart Pearce for the recent friendly with Holland and acquitting himself well, Richards, who was shortlisted for the Club’s Player of the Year Award this season, had hoped to be part of the 23-man party this summer.

"Of course my initial reaction is to be gutted but a manager is there to pick a squad and he cannot pick everyone," he said.

"No one will be cheering louder than me for England when the championships start. My really good mates from City and other clubs will be playing and of course I want my country to win.

Richards, who started 31 league and cup games for the Blues this season and in doing so took his career tally to 210, will now have a well-earned rest before pre-season.

"I will take myself off on holiday and come back refreshed and ready to start again next season," he concluded.

"There is so much to look forward to starting with City’s trip to China and Malaysia and then the Community Shield match against Chelsea. We are defending the Premier League title and we will be ready to be competitive in the Champions League.

"Hopefully I will play my share of those games and will be selected for the England squad at some time in the future."

I have a new plan for the Euros. I'm not going to support a team. I'm going to support Balotelli. That way even if Italy fail, I'll still almost certainly be entertained. Which is more than you can say about England with that line up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.