Eurovision 2024

If it was totally political, the results would be the same from the judges each year.

Barring the obvious Dooze point exchanged with neighbours, the rest is voted properly around the music, otherwise a favourite would mean nothing and they could finish anywhere.

The bookies wouldn’t entertain that as they’d lose a fortune, so there must be a formula for them, which can only be from judges judging the acts.

The new public vote element means that random results are far more likely now though.

I'm not arguing it's totally political, just that it contains rogue actors - which I think it would be almost impossible to eliminate, to be honest.

I do agree though that the new voting system has made it overall a lot fairer than back when it was just public voting - it really was totally predictable back then and the various voting blocks were mostly just trading it each year.

I'm not arguing it's totally political, just that it contains rogue actors - which I think it would be almost impossible to eliminate, to be honest.

I do agree though that the new voting system has made it overall a lot fairer than back when it was just public voting - it really was totally predictable back then and the various voting blocks were mostly just trading it each year.
Most treat it as a bit of fun though, apart from not actually wanting to win and fund next year’s show…

Some of y'all are going to have to improve your mood if you expect me to contribute to this thread half pissed as it goes on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.