Eurovision 2024

Regardless of people's opinions on Israel, I don't get how they can be second favourites with so much strength of feeling against them. How do you overcome that in a public vote? Doesn't make much sense to me.
The judges base their opinions solely on music. The bookies then use their order to base their opening odds on, then there are fluctuations based on money bet.

No one knows how the public vote will go tonight. For every person that wants to see less genocide, there’s a few around who think they’re in the silent majority for everything, whilst being out of touch, miserable and unable to keep up with the world changing rom how it used to be.

Were just going through the period of the first generation of geriatrics that can use social media.

You have to be a bit loose in the head if you believe that the Eurovision judges base their opinions on music. When someone whips the rock off of your fucking head beware because the sun is bright.

Maybe just maybe the opinion that is against them isn't as numerous as you think, it's just loud. Or they have separated the girl from the state.

For instance, that UK entry has the sum total of fuck all to do with representing the UK govt or people.

I guess that's kind of my point, I don't think it has to be numerous to severely hamper the chances. These things are usually won by small margins because there are so many acts. Even if only about 1% or 2% of voters said they weren't going to vote for them, I think that could be enough to tip the balance.

I'm not making commentary on the merits of whether it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it surprises me.

I guess that's kind of my point, I don't think it has to be numerous to severely hamper the chances. These things are usually won by small margins because there are so many acts. Even if only about 1% or 2% of voters said they weren't going to vote for them, I think that could be enough to tip the balance.

I'm not making commentary on the merits of whether it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it surprises me.

Your guess is as good as mine mate, one thing we do know is that the voting for this has always been political.

You have to be a bit loose in the head if you believe that the Eurovision judges base their opinions on music. When someone whips the rock off of your fucking head beware because the sun is bright.
You spend a lot of your life spitting hatred on here. Just let others enjoy it.

There‘ll be other more manly stuff like Roman-Greco wrestling for you to consume on another channel. Less gay and brown people too. Just how you like it.

The judges base their opinions solely on music. The bookies then use their order to base their opening odds on, then there are fluctuations based on money bet.

No one knows how the public vote will go tonight. For every person that wants to see less genocide, there’s a few around who think they’re in the silent majority for everything, whilst being out of touch, miserable and unable to keep up with the world changing rom how it used to be.

Were just going through the period of the first generation of geriatrics that can use social media.

I think the quality of the judging panels varies. I've seen them swapping points with neighbours fairly often in some countries. In most (like the UK) they seem to be more objective, or at least more so than the public vote. I've found it a bit frustrating in previous years how our judges seem to genuinely distribute points to the best acts and then others just don't. For example, in the last 4 years San Marino juries have given Italy 12, 12, 10 and 7 points.

I take your point though that essentially it's pretty impossible to know how this is going to play out in voting and the bookies are probably guessing based on previous panel results.

I think the quality of the judging panels varies. I've seen them swapping points with neighbours fairly often in some countries. In most (like the UK) they seem to be more objective, or at least more so than the public vote. I've found it a bit frustrating in previous years how our judges seem to genuinely distribute points to the best acts and then others just don't. For example, in the last 4 years San Marino juries have given Italy 12, 12, 10 and 7 points.

I take your point though that essentially it's pretty impossible to know how this is going to play out in voting and the bookies are probably guessing based on previous panel results.
If it was totally political, the results would be the same from the judges each year.

Barring the obvious Dooze point exchanged with neighbours, the rest is voted properly around the music, otherwise a favourite would mean nothing and they could finish anywhere.

The bookies wouldn’t entertain that as they’d lose a fortune, so there must be a formula for them, which can only be from judges judging the acts.

The new public vote element means that random results are far more likely now though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.