Eurovision song contest 2023

I used to watch the voting, not the songs, just for the great Terry Wogan.
These days I feel Just A Little Bit like a Puppet on a String.

Is it just me or are people all of a sudden more arsed about Eurovision this year than ever before?

I swear previously it was just some weird programme that was on channel 4 at midnight that nobody cared about.

This year with all the social media and news hype you’d think the World Cup was on!

Didn't realise Steve Tyler qualified to sing for Sweden.

I do enjoy this thing once a year from the comfort of my own living room.

Usually an easy way to win a few bob and keep the interest enough to stay awake.

Only small monies bet but had a nice return on the Aussies for a top 10 finish after a poor early selection on Poland.

What does annoy me is the time it takes to go round all the juries individually for the big 12 points (who voted on the previous nights rehearsal performances), then just fire out 300 to 5 points to songs in two mins from the public en masse.
She/Her/It was a fucking munter wasn’t she

Is it just me or are people all of a sudden more arsed about Eurovision this year than ever before?

I swear previously it was just some weird programme that was on channel 4 at midnight that nobody cared about.

This year with all the social media and news hype you’d think the World Cup was on!
The most political non-political show ever is becoming more political! It's shit and always has been.

We record it and start watching later in so we can just watch the 'good' bits. Started watching almost 3 hrs after it started and had caught up by the end.

Slim pickings this year, a pretty lame winner which is not that unusual but not even a good variety of headcase acts to enjoy. Capped off by Sonia and the mawkish dipper song. Some steampunk loon who was well chuffed with himself handing out the votes from somewhere was probably the highlight. Not a vintage year.

It has a global audience of over 161 million, it's huge

extra coverage this year as we are hosting it.

but I've noticed right wing media this year, likes of GB News etc be really bitter about it and keep it in the headlines for negativity reasons. All part of the divide nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.