Evan Ferguson

To be fair, you've just googled him being the most in-form striker in Europe, which he arguably was at that time.

Apart from the season when Ronaldo totally messed up United's play, he's also got progressively better, and scoring 30 goals last season does put him up as one of Europe's best strikers (he scored the 6th most goals in the top leagues, and two of the people above him played in France).

Some of that rubbish was from when Haaland was smashing them in left right and centre, it shouldn't be a surprise that a striker score that many goals with the salary they are on.

I don't know where you are getting your stats from because he is nowhere near 6th on the European list, the point is that he is another overpaid asset at the swamp, I am sure you'll agree.

But he isn't anywhere near the best in Europe.

https://www.worldfootball.net/
#​
PlayerCountryTeam
Goals (Penalty)​
Erling Haaland
Norway
NorwayManchester City Manchester City
36 (7)​
Harry Kane
England
EnglandTottenham Hotspur Tottenham Hotspur
30 (5)​
Ivan Toney
England
EnglandBrentford FC Brentford FC
20 (6)​
Mo Salah
Egypt
EgyptLiverpool FC Liverpool FC
19 (2)​
Callum Wilson
England
EnglandNewcastle United Newcastle United
18 (3)​
Marcus Rashford
England
EnglandManchester United Manchester United
17 (0)​
Gabriel Martinelli
Brazil
BrazilArsenal FC Arsenal FC
15 (0)​
Martin Ødegaard
Norway
NorwayArsenal FC Arsenal FC
15 (0)​

Last edited:
Some of that rubbish was from when Haaland was smashing them in left right and centre, it shouldn't be a surprise that a striker score that many goals with the salary they are on.

But he isn't anywhere near the best in Europe.

https://www.worldfootball.net/
#​
PlayerCountryTeam
Goals (Penalty)​
Erling Haaland
Norway
NorwayManchester City Manchester City
36 (7)​
Harry Kane
England
EnglandTottenham Hotspur Tottenham Hotspur
30 (5)​
Ivan Toney
England
EnglandBrentford FC Brentford FC
20 (6)​
Mo Salah
Egypt
EgyptLiverpool FC Liverpool FC
19 (2)​
Callum Wilson
England
EnglandNewcastle United Newcastle United
18 (3)​
Marcus Rashford
England
EnglandManchester United Manchester United
17 (0)​
Gabriel Martinelli
Brazil
BrazilArsenal FC Arsenal FC
15 (0)​
Martin Ødegaard
Norway
NorwayArsenal FC Arsenal FC
15 (0)​
For a couple of months he did outscore Haaland - post World Cup, he got 16 goals in about the same number of matches, and Haaland scored about 10 in the same period. Clearly his "current form" didn't match Haaland's season long form, but Haaland wasn't quite smashing them in at the time that Rashford was being feted.

Across all competitions, he was 6th across players in the top leagues:

He's no Haaland, but he is one of the better strikers in Europe, and the articles linked to were two from his manager bigging him up, and one with "on current form" in the headline, which isn't quite as hyperbolic as suggested.

For a couple of months he did outscore Haaland - post World Cup, he got 16 goals in about the same number of matches, and Haaland scored about 10 in the same period. Clearly his "current form" didn't match Haaland's season long form, but Haaland wasn't quite smashing them in at the time that Rashford was being feted.

Across all competitions, he was 6th across players in the top leagues:

He's no Haaland, but he is one of the better strikers in Europe, and the articles linked to were two from his manager bigging him up, and one with "on current form" in the headline, which isn't quite as hyperbolic as suggested.

He is nowhere near one of the best strikers in Europe, his stats prove that and the stats aren't only from this year.

SKY were bigging him up as were BT at the time, as I said for £350,000 a week he's a bit on the shit side.

Appearances 243
Goals77

He is nowhere near one of the best strikers in Europe, his stats prove that and the stats aren't only from this year.

SKY were bigging him up as were BT at the time, as I said for £350,000 a week he's a bit on the shit side.

Appearances 243
Goals77
I think maybe we're talking about different things.

You're talking about a time when BT and Sky were bigging him up - I agree that they probably were, because last season he scored 30 goals - the 6th best in Europe - and he scored half of those in a two month period were he was outscoring even Haaland.

Suggesting the claims that he was one of the best in Europe last season by providing his league goals all the way from the start of his career, when he was scoring just a few goals a season and playing lots of games as a sub, does very little. Ronaldo scored just 32 goals in his first 168 games.

So, I never said he was the best 18 year old in Europe, or has been the one of the best for the last half dozen years, I said that last season, and at the time that the articles were referring to, he was one of the best strikers in Europe. I'm happy to stand by that.

I don't mind if you don't like him, but there's no need to broaden the argument beyond what I said.

You're talking about a time when BT and Sky were bigging him up - I agree that they probably were, because last season he scored 30 goals - the 6th best in Europe - and he scored half of those in a two month period were he was outscoring even Haaland.

Suggesting the claims that he was one of the best in Europe last season by providing his league goals all the way from the start of his career, when he was scoring just a few goals a season and playing lots of games as a sub, does very little. Ronaldo scored just 32 goals in his first 168 games.

So, I never said he was the best 18 year old in Europe, or has been the one of the best for the last half dozen years, I said that last season, and at the time that the articles were referring to, he was one of the best strikers in Europe. I'm happy to stand by that.

I don't mind if you don't like him, but there's no need to broaden the argument beyond what I said.

What I am saying is pretty clear mate, they blow smoke up his arse despite him playing for a side that spent a fortune and he has at best average striking stats.

He's an upcoming prospect in their eyes still ;)

The query was if that wording meant that friendlies counted. Apparently The Telegraph ran an article about Evan that said they didn't - but it looks as if the segment about his eligibility has been removed. There's still a Sun article floating about that references what The Telegraph published. Everyone else is running with the line that he cannot change.
Non-official means friendlies from what I'm reading, if this is the case it reads pretty clear to me that he doesnt meet the criteria to transfer to England at present.

Ferguson wouldn't make much sense given we already have The Viking. Only way it happens is if we lose Alvarez or Ferguson proves adept at the playmaker/second striker role in the coming seasons; neither of which scenarios I envisage happening.

Although I admit he looks bona-fide.

Nearly all players, especially strikers, play lots of games as a substitute at the start of their careers. Rashford is no different. The big difference is that he plays for one of the golden clubs.

Last edited:
He's started the season on fire, but last year he was ok without really shining, 6 goals

He's deffo one to keep an eye on, but let's see how many goals he'll get across a full season

The tell of a good striker is once the goals start drying up, which they always do, how does he respond

That'll be the difference between him ending up with titles or being at a club who's aspirations are to chase top 4 or even just to get into the Europa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.