Evan Ferguson

Nearly all players, especially strikers, play lots of games as a substitute at the start of their careers. Rashford is no different. The big difference is that he plays for one of the golden clubs.
Rashford is clearly not a striker, he's failed every time he's been asked to play as the 9. He can really only play on the left of a 3, has loads of purple patches where he looks unstoppable but too many times he goes missing and tries too much.

To me it seems he's having a spell where he doesn't try at all. They tend to happen after the signing of a new contract. I'm fairly sure Pep wouldn't put up with his "efforts".

Rashford is clearly not a striker, he's failed every time he's been asked to play as the 9. He can really only play on the left of a 3, has loads of purple patches where he looks unstoppable but too many times he goes missing and tries too much.
And he's got a shit goal celebration.

The stats aren't manipulated though. You might argue that there is more to their game than the goals they've scored, but the stats, in terms of games and goals at similar ages, aren't manipulated at all.

I'd also argue that Iheanacho looked at home in City's team from the start, and "night and day" feels to me like a comment very much biased by Iheanacho's career progression.

I hate to make back to back positive comments about United players, but I was replying to a comment saying no-one had been at this level since Rooney. I think Iheanacho suggests it's a bit early to be judging him as a new Rooney - he might be or he could just be a good PL player.
Stats don't take into account how they actually play. Iheanacho is a poacher. Ferguson is not, he is a mountain of a lad and his all round game is completely different.

Judging footballers on stats alone doesn't make sense to me.

Alvarez is more than a suitable understudy

Yeah I don't doubt that but how long before he gets pissed off with being an understudy. The guy has won a world cup but still on the bench
Also it was reported in Spain that RM are forming an interest in Alvarez which if true might turn his head. However he may just change the bench he sits on if that were to happen. Personally I think the guy has a lot more to offer and may well carve out a regular starting place at City. Ferguson is a fine prospect but as things stand I fail to see how he would fit in here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.