Even five years on, I STILL think I'm dreaming.

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
I thought then that even with all this finance we were still going to be the comedy club we had been laughed at for for so long, it wasn't going to change.

my thoughts exactly at the time mate!! look who's laughing now hey!

Just like I think Sergio's going to hit that side netting every time I watch the replay, the fact that Sheikh Mansour CHOSE us instead of someone else, still makes my spine shiver every time I think about it. I mean, it could easily have been Newcastle or Liverpool. Maybe the eagle swung it when compared with the magpie and whatever the scousers have - is it a stork?

without dowt the longest dream i have ever had/having just hope some twat doesnt wake me up, and tell me pierce is still manager and we only scored 15 goals at home last year.

Yes. Similar feelings to OP. Good post Pam. Even though I am living the dream and trying to enjoy every minute I got myself into such a state for the West Ham game that I didn't enjoy it at all. I was waiting for the pain that just didn't come. I fully enjoyed watching the full game the following day when I realised that the game was won easily and that city were in control throughout. Given all the former nightmares I still need a little more time to relax and fully enjoy todays reality.

I remember having a conversation with a RAG client at the time of the takeover who suggested that "City will fuck this up in a couple of years" and my response being along the lines of "but what a couple of years it will be, so piss off". However, (to my embarrassment now) I also thought he might be right, as my experience had taught me that if anyone could fuck it up, it would be us.

Well it's taken me six more years but after 54 minutes of the West Ham game, I had my "Road to Damascus" moment. We're the Donkey's Bollocks ladies and gentlemen and the interview with the Chairman only firms that up in my mind. "Typical City" have left the building.

Yes, we'll have our ups and downs going forward but we're in great hands and I for one am going to stop dreaming and accept the fact that we're a top team who are here to stay.

Yes, we'll have our ups and downs going forward but we're in great hands and I for one am going to stop dreaming and accept the fact that we're a top team who are here to stay.[/quote]

Here here!

Nice OP. Yep still pinching myself.

Number of domestic trophies won last 4 seasons from 2010/2011:

City 4
Rags 2
Chelsea 1
Arsenal 1
Liverpool 1
Swansea 1
Birmingham 1
Wigan 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.