Even five years on, I STILL think I'm dreaming.

Pam said:
A few days before we learnt of the Sheikh's arrival, I was watching an early season Europa game on Channel 5 (we were there on the fair play system) and at the end of the game, the stupid twat Murray (the one who is now a presenter on Talk Shite) declared that City were going to have a fire sale and we were about to go bust. Something to do with Shinawatra's legal and financial issues and the fact that we were seemingly about to lose Stephen Ireland to Newcastle or someone. A few days later, a work colleague and I were discussing how fucked we were. We were convinced we were about to "do a Leeds"./. Absolutely, totally convinced of it, we were. Genuinely worried sick about the immediate future and the years following. I still remember how the same colleague looked when she came to tell me about the takeover one morning. We couldn't stop smiling after that. I took a two hour lunch just to listen to the radio in the car. We all knew it was the real did. Just fucking magical.

I think about that conversation sometimes. If someone had told me that in the intervening five years, we would win the FA Cup, the Carling Cup and be twice crowned champions of England, I would have assumed that a pisstake was afoot and hair would have been pulled and the messenger shot at dawn.

Honestly people, I know we've had these threads before but this gets more amazing with every trophy won. Do you still think "what the actual fuck"? My God, but it is a thing of beauty. Our City doing all this is the most gorgeous dream come true ever. I told a rag the other day that nobody knows how this feels, to go from multiple relegation, clusterfuck uselessness and the rags kicking the shit out of us on the field and off it. Nobody but us blues could ever understand.

Even the transformation of the area around the stadium looks miraculous, It was such a shit hole when we first moved there. Worse than Maine Road.

Are you still pinching yourself?

Still have to pinch myself too, Pam. Still cannot believe this has happened to our club. I wanted it to happen and even wrote it once when Dubai were looking into buying the Dippers but never thought it would actually happen!

To think we nearly went bust just 6 years ago with good old John Wardle lending MCFC £2m to pay the wages after Thaksin's ultimate debacle.

Don't agree that the new ground was a shit hole. Just needed updating technology wise and some colour - light Blue colour!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I am. Just sad my dad never got to see it. He did experience the 60's team though!

FFP has taken this dream away from all the other teams who could have had just the same!

Yeah I wish my Dad could have seen this too. He took me for my first visit to Maine Rd in 1980 and I would loved to have taken him to a match in the last few years. His last match was a dire 0-0 draw at home to Watford on a wet Monday night. "This is torture" he said, and he didn't just mean being soaked to the skin.

It's totally wrong the so-called FFP has taken those dreams away.

baildon blue said:
Tbilisi said:
manimanc said:
From chesterfield to Wycombe, to luton and lincoln, we went en masse to follow city.....
From 4007 at home to mansfield to york away. .....
Our day in the sunshine is fully deserved.

I think it was even worse...3007 v Mansfield I thought..and yes I was there that night!
What about that 1st round match against Halifax . That was a cold night and a game I wished id stayed at home . Bloody hell its season like now that make you think that was bad nightmare we had 15 years ago .

Didn't make MAnsfield but was there for York away and Halifax at home...great goal by Michael Brown to win it, but boy was it f-f-freezing. remember cursing the person next to me for leaving early - it was colder still for their being an empty seat.

I had a sort of premonition,when we lost to the Rags in May 2007 (Ronaldo pen) I said to my daughter,when Blue Moon was ringing round the ground at kick off/scarves in the air - I wonder what this club would be like with unlimited money ?
I could feel the love from the fans that day,we knew we were heading nowhere and had a poor team but the support never wavered,without a dream in my heart for most that day,but not for me.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I am. Just sad my dad never got to see it. He did experience the 60's team though!

FFP has taken this dream away from all the other teams who could have had just the same!

I was just thinking whilst watching the Pellers interview why Uefa and the Bastards of Bayern never attempted this FFP nonsense when CFC emerged from their slumbers?

I still turn up to The Etihad and a small percentage of me still thinks that summat will go wrong!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.