Ever been ripped off?

About 15 years ago, I lost £80 in Blackpool to a scam that involved a game where you had to roll 3 balls and certain numbers won.

I used to see those when we went to Blackpool. The darts are blunt, the guns have crooked sights, the coconut shy is unwinnable etc.

Was working outside someones house and this Paddy in a transit got talking...he was trying to catch the last ferry from Holyhead and couldn't go back with all his stock so would I be interested.
A large 240 volt Kangoe type hammer drill with all the kit in a smart case. Showed it me etc etc and I got him down from£100 to £40. He said have a new one. I opened it just to check, paid him and he was on his way. Got home and the 'new one' was a 110 volt.....
I eventually got a transformer off a mate and it was the best power tool I've ever had.

Another time I bought a large generator off ebay and kept it a my Mother in laws. Several weeks later I got a call from Inspector Geraint Jones of the South Wales constabulary ( funny how you remember names of the police..) . It was nicked....from a plant hire firm.
and he wanted it back. I said I couldn't as it was running a farm in Spain. Seeing as I'd bought it in good faith it was technically mine, he explained. I never told my MiL but told the wife a few years later. It took a while but she calmed down eventually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.