Ever been ripped off?

Was that really necessary? My Malaga scarf was €12 and my Union Berlin about the same price. Whilst I overpaid for the Fenerbahce one, it’s Turkish Lira I had budgeted to spend regardless.

Their whole market culture is haggle, haggle and haggle. I’m a big merch collector so it was nice to have. As I said, it’s not put me off visiting such a vast and complex city. I had a laugh with legitimate door touts. I’ll just be better prepared next time.
Sorry bud, you're right, over the top from me; unbelievably stressful, strange week at school and topped off by seeing kids/parents leave yesterday with no idea when they'll return. But, no different to millions of others so got to crack on. I used to love getting football pennants as a kid; exotic European ones that you could by through "Shoot". Still got a couple of my faves: Ujpest Dozsa and Carl Zeiss Jena. Take care bud.

Can you change dates on shit like that man?

I could but the trip would have to be over by the end of Nov and I have no reason to believe they will still be in business by then.
I have tried using travel vouchers before as well and they always try to fuck you over. I'll also bet that our trip will be close to double the price once they start trying to claw back their money.
This is down to me thinking that my Visa card covered flight cancellation.
But, in the future, I know that even if I do have the card that does cover cancellation, the cunts won't answer the phone anyway.
If Trudeau would just put a stop to the flights I would be covered. French ****.

40 years ago, my second job, I worked at a wholesaler opposite Mcvities and that's where I first encountered Italians selling coats. They were always approaching our customers as they were leaving. The pitch every time was he was going back to Italy and had these last few coats to clear

Last year I was at sandbach services and an Italian drew up his car and said in broken English "do you a speak a Italiano?" I replied 'are you still selling those fucking coats" he smiled and drove off
About 15 years go, I had similar experience outside Morrisons in Bredbury. This time he was selling watches from his car. After the usual spiel. he said they were worth around £4-5,000, but I could have them for £500 cash. I burst out laughing, and he immediately reduced it to £400! I told him I couldn't possibly pay that, and down the price went again. I asked him why he was selling them, and he said that they were given to him by his boss, to get round paying tax and VAT on them.
At the time, I was a compliance officer in HMRC, and told him that it wasn't his lucky day, pulling out my warrant. You've never seen a Fiat move out of a car park so fast in your life!

Many, many years ago, I fell for the find-the-lady one in Oxford Street. I'd never seen it before (how green I was!) I'd just withdrawn about ten pounds from the student grant that had been paid into my account. It's disgraceful, I know, I still feel pretty ashamed about it even today, and it's decades back. I was feeling flush, and I was 99% sure that I knew where the queen was. I wasn't going to put any money down, but of course they're very, very good at drawing you in — that's how they make their living at it — it was all set up, and like a complete fucking clown I put five down on the card. The guy turns the card over, to my utter amazement (!) it's not the queen. Bang! All over. Cardboard box put away, everybody disperses in different directions double quick time, leaving me dazed in the street. I'd just lost £5! It was a lot of money at the time. You live and learn, eh?

With find the lady, his stooges win first to get your confidence up. Despite how easy it looks, you will never ever win.

We used to have jam auctions in East London where scammers would hire out an empty shop and offer electronics for £200 cheaper than the shops. You bid for lots and get crap goods in return. It’s usually Cockneys doing it and I saw the same Steptoe & Son team in Market Street too. They had similar scams in Blackpool.

If anything, this calls for a repeat of The Real Hustle on BBC3 so the lovely Jessica Jane Clement can run us through it. Sexy swindler, innit.

About 6 years ago I saw an advert on Facebook for a trial on a tooth whitening kit where you just paid the postage of £6. Being very paranoid about my less than white teeth I ordered a trial pack. Shortly after that the wife and I went on holiday to Portugal and at the start of the second week my bank card was refused in a restaurant. So was the wife’s. Alarm bells ringing I went on the online banking and our account had been emptied. They took over 2 grand!!!!!
We survived on credit cards til we got home then I investigated it and found it was the tooth whitening offer - they’d taken it all. Barclays basically told me “tough shit cos I’d given them my details when I ordered the stuff”. That was the beginning of falling into a financial hole that we’ve never got out of really. My teeth are still shite too....

I could but the trip would have to be over by the end of Nov and I have no reason to believe they will still be in business by then.
I have tried using travel vouchers before as well and they always try to fuck you over. I'll also bet that our trip will be close to double the price once they start trying to claw back their money.
This is down to me thinking that my Visa card covered flight cancellation.
But, in the future, I know that even if I do have the card that does cover cancellation, the cunts won't answer the phone anyway.
If Trudeau would just put a stop to the flights I would be covered. French ****.

Fingers crossed you can sort some shit with that out mate. This has been a proper pain in the arse for people unforunately.

As for Trudeau, agree with your comment. He's a bellend

About 15 years ago, I lost £80 in Blackpool to a scam that involved a game where you had to roll 3 balls and certain numbers won.

I once visited a pub in Southport and paid with a £20 note for a round that cost about a £6-7. (it was about 30 years ago!!!).
Gave me change for a tenner. When I pointed it out the manager said they wouldn't be able to check if the till was up until they had cashed up.
They rang me the day after saying the til was a tenner up!!!!! Did I wanna collect it from my home in Manchester??????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.