Everton 2017/18

I think it's way too early to judge Everton.

Their P/L fixtures have been brutal.

Us, Chelsea, Totenham, and the Scum in the first 5 fixtures - it's no wonder their record is bad.

Perhaps it's more the manner in which they were defeated as of late - but still - with such an initial schedule, they're about where they should be in terms of points won.

It's not looking great for Everton, but still far too early to write them off of a 7th-place finish or thereabouts.

Nobody is writing them off for 7th,it's the....oh Everton will be challenging this season to break into top 4 chat that is now being made laughable,and now even their own boss is admitting it,after PEG's comments in the programme yesterday seemed to upset him,they've had one of their 4 cup finals,as someone said earlier,and took a point,good night as they say

Nobody is writing them off for 7th,it's the....oh Everton will be challenging this season to break into top 4 chat that is now being made laughable,and now even their own boss is admitting it,after PEG's comments in the programme yesterday seemed to upset him,they've had one of their 4 cup finals,as someone said earlier,and took a point,good night as they say
It's rather more dire from some pundits - I've read posts/articles about Koeman being sacked soon. As to finishing ahead of top 7, notwithstanding their start - that's a big ask. Their squad - on paper - simply isn't top 7 - yes, "on paper" sometimes doesn't dictate end results - but it's often enough a decent gauge of where a side should end up.

Maybe they'll finish ahead of Liverpool or Arsenal (but I don't think so) - nearly impossible that they'll finish ahead of Us/Scum/Chelsea/Spurs.

crazy the team Yoonited comfortably destroyed played so well against us

Not really. I thought yesterday was one of those games where the score did not reflect the game.

(a) the rags first was an absolute worldy - no defending that frankly. I'm quite glad Valencia got it out of his system against Everton - this way he isn't saving it for us. But the rags benefited from the kind of strike that a player will land in the top corner once every five years.
(b) for more than half the game at our place it was 10 v 11, and we were still the better team, albeit Everton by that time had their noses in front Walker wsas sent off and were determined to hang on to what they had got.
(c) Yesterday Everton had a very good period for about 25 minutes at the beginning of the second half, including a couple of good chances to score (the boy wonder missed an absolute sitter but there we are). An Everton goal at that stage and it's a different match - maybe still a rag win but not a 4-0. I watched the game live with my lad who also watched the highlights on MOTD 2. His view this morning was that the highlights simply did not do Everton justice at all, and that it was far closer than the highlights or the final score suggested.
(d) An absolute howler led to the rags' second, which was the footballing equivalent of the dam finally breaking, but make no mistake: for all but the last 10 minutes of the game, Everton were in it. At 4-0 the result is certainly one-sided, but the game was not.

I turned off when the rags second went in with about 10 minutes to go, and was surprised that it was 4 in the end. It certainly wasn't a rag masterclass and a hapless opposition when I was watching.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.