Everton 7th and spurs 10th - rest players or not?

Sleeping_Easy said:
bluetonium said:
Agree with above, see what we get at Everton first and what Spurs/Liverpool do. Overconfidence could be a killer

Would be piss funny to put reserve team out against Dodgy 'Arry though. Basically a slap in the face for trying to challenge us for 4th and us saying we think he has no chance and don't see them as a threat. You may even say that this season we could blow them out of the water.

This would be hilarious and even more so considering sky will attempt to build it up as a 'CL play off' again

Losing 6-0 would be less hilarious though.

Sleeping_Easy said:
Considering we have games on sat - weds - sat, would you rotate the squad to freshen things up and if so which games would you play which players.

I'd bring in dzeko for ballo for sat but apart from that keep it the same and then for weds i'd bring in milner for barry, richards in for zabba and bring ballo back in for dzeko.
Also i'd try and give swp half hour or so from the bench in each game.
This should freshen things up and also give people a chance to stake a late claim for a place in the cup final team

If we beat Everton then I would rest important players for Spurs tbh. Its a calculated gamble, but better having fresher players imo and the likes of Milner, SWP, Djeko, Viera can do a job for us

Take no gambles for Everton. Strongest side and play to win. If we pick up 3 points at Everton and are still 7 points ahead of Spurs with 3 games rest absolute key personnel (Silva, De Jong, maybe even Kompany), and send Dzeko out on his own with a point to prove before the final.

If we're back to only being 4 points ahead by the time we play them back to strongest side.

I seem to recall hearing that if Tevez couldn't play against Spurs he wouldn't be considered for the final. Presumably because Mancini needs to see where he's at with his form in a big game. So we may see his return against them anyway.

Crucial we beat Everton though. Do that and Liverpool are out of the running, and Spurs may as well be out of the running because anything but 3 straight wins would see them fail. If we end up doing this the easy way though I might have to start questioning some serious core beliefs.

adrianr said:
Take no gambles for Everton. Strongest side and play to win. If we pick up 3 points at Everton and are still 7 points ahead of Spurs with 3 games rest absolute key personnel (Silva, De Jong, maybe even Kompany), and send Dzeko out on his own with a point to prove before the final.

Now that would be taking the piss against Spurs ;)

Best possible result (unless I'm calculating incorrectly) is that we win at Everton (Ha!) and Spuds lose against Blackpool (Double Ha!)

That would make it mathematically impossible for either Liverpool or Tottenham to overtake us, so the last three league games would be to see if we can catch 3rd place.

Everton is still a key game we should be trying to win - I'm bot sure but would Micah and tevez possibly be looking to make comebacks agains Everton / Spuds.

I'd be tempted to rest Yaya and Silva in at least one of the games bringing in the likes of Dzeko, SWP and Milner

If we beat Everton then 4th should be virtually guaranteed if we lose then the Spuds game depends on how other results go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.