Everton (A) | Game Postponed

All Everton need to know is that there has been an outbreak of a potential life threatening / altering virus amongst the City squad and staff and that should be the end of it. Unless they’ve been living under a rock for the last 9 months.

When the Arsenal game was pushed back in March, they didn't even have one positive test, Just that some of the squad had met someone who did, So they all had to isolate for 14 days.

Why this is so much different i have no idea

I take the point.

It doesn't detract from the legitimacy of the request for transparency in this instance.
I may be a bit late responding to this, but the point is they could have privately requested this information.
To ask for it via a public statement is playing politics. Nothing more nothing less.

I would imagine they would have also issued a public statement had we shown up and played the match and then Everton players went down with it in a few days, we would also get the blame.

As already mentioned several time. No statement wishing our affected players to get better.
Covid is a constantly changing situation. The new variant is adding to this. You would think clubs would think a little before coming out with shite like this. Pick up the phone to the relevant parties if they want answers!

Don't want them. I wanted to win 11-0 and go top, but Meh!

Just to clarify i have Evertonian mates and i always meet them in the Taxi Club before a game at Goodison , my angst is not at the genuine Everton supporters (not internet WUM's) but your football club and that classless statement they gave today , i was genuinely surprised your club would sink to that level , if it was the RS with a similar statement it would be water off a ducks back.
I expected better from EFC.

They have the most fans.. but there’s more people in this country who despise one or both of them than support them.. and the media seem totally incapable of understanding that
Media are playing to norway,eire,and singapore etc for their clicks

There are a lot of angles here to understand what's happening.

Difficult to ascertain what's going on as we don't have all the information, and a lot of emotional based speculation fueled by past feelings about City coming to head on both sides.

I am genuinely curious what basis are Everton writing that statement.

Sam Lee points to that they better be onto something because, indeed, they better to publish that.

However, the highly competitive nature of things, over millions of pounds in a period of economic pressure, where higher positions in the league matter even more, combined with historical feelings or what some might see as bias. City are included in this btw.

Yet, Everton and, of course, all of journalists like Phillip Auclaire and I gather would include Tariq Panja, Conn, Ronay, etc. feel towards City and what they represent will be difficult for City fans to not take into account.

Any swift jumping to Everton's side is dangerous as we certainly need to know more. The same can be said IMHO, for vehemently supporting City as well.

I have a feeling it's somewhere in the middle. A bit opaque all over the place as all parties have agendas to win games and take advantage of other clubs faltering in the top 6.

I suspect no club, when they signed up for the limits of COVID, thought their club would be the one to get hit with several players out. At the same time, City and other clubs have had an array of injuries that one could argue came from COVID and the number of games played. Ironically Liverpool have suffered quite a bit from this whilst previously a club with none of their best players ever injured, especially compared to us.

In Italy I forget what club had something like this happen recently, but there was also a "scandal" over an outbreak and then who was even conducting the COVID tests, as it wasn't an approved company or something like this.

The entire situation with COVID was bound to happen, and, of course, it happened with us...THE lightning rod for criticism in the UK and arguably wold football as a club, being called "cheats."

This feeds right into that belief, but the point that Everton are also aware of this, and other levels of cynical behaviour that can arise in these kinds of situations where millions of pounds are at stake, that makes them no saints either, possibly, also has to be taken into consideration.

I hope Everton are more annoyed at the Premier League for the way this was communicated to them, rather than pissed off at City. That statement was very badly worded though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.