Everton (A) | Game Postponed

Tasteless Toffees

A classless, divisive statement from Everton at a time when unity is needed, ill judged and left open for buffoons in The Mail and the like on Twitter and at Sky to make mischief. They could not even bring themselves to wish well all the staff and players affected or potentially affected by C19.

On the football front, City are on a roll and have a much higher quality squad. Everton had lots of injuries. It actually suited them more than City but neither teams wanted a postponement that was ultimately deemed necessary by the appropriate authorities for health and safety reasons. Yet Everton`s pretense of an affronted party is poor. Why did they not simply ask the Premier League rather than doing this through a deliberate statement after the event?

I have travelled to lots of games over the years when the match has been called off an hour or less before. What is up with them? At a time of rising Covid cases and a new strain, City had to play in Tier 4 Arsenal last week. What is it that Everton want explaining?

A football match has been postponed. We have a national C19 crisis. Lets have some perspective and togetherness.
You would think during a pandemic that there would be some unity and understanding from football clubs. Very sad, football is not bigger than the pandemic and time for some people to give their heads a big wobble.

Rag fans thinking that this is all bullshit and that we have faked this to get a nice little winter break ready to field a full strength squad against them for the LC Semi.

With Cancelo, Torres and Ederson having to isolate for 10 day's they are certain to be out. Then add Walker and Jesus who are very unlikely to be ready to play and we are hardly full strength.

The reality is that we are likely to have to play Chelsea and the Rags with 5 key players missing and we will have to patch up and make do.

Rag fans thinking that this is all bullshit and that we have faked this to get a nice little winter break ready to field a full strength squad against them for the LC Semi.

With Cancelo, Torres and Ederson having to isolate for 10 day's they are certain to be out. Then add Walker and Jesus who are very unlikely to be ready to play and we are hardly full strength.

The reality is that we are likely to have to play Chelsea and the Rags with 5 key players missing and we will have to patch up and make do.
Stupid is as stupid does.

In a nutshell. Hated them since the 81 quarter at Goodison.
There’s always been an edge to City v Everton games for as long as I can remember. Forget the recent shit with Liverpool - a fixture against Everton tends to be more naughty. Add in all the Lescott/Moyes stuff at the time when that was happening and it hit toxic levels between both sets of fans.

However, they’re a different club run by different people these days. They have plenty of money now and their fans can perhaps see things more from our side, and while games between us both will continue to have an edge to them, I’ve sensed a bit more of a coming together between both sets of fans and let’s remember as a club they weren’t one of the Hateful Eight/Noncey Nine. To that end, I’m a bit disappointed with their statement last night. I get that they’re not happy that the game didn’t go ahead (we aren’t either) but some things are more important and it’s the nature of the beast with Covid around that some games will get called off at short notice.

Probably,by all and sundry

but

They are also probably pissed off that we didn't go to goodison and infect half their squad too

Manchester superspreaders City

I believe Klopp is angry now too.

Disappointed in EFC appearing to have more empathy and understanding for their "fans from all around the world" being inconvenienced rather than the health of the City players and the potential risk to their own. They are behaving like a hormonal, jilted teenager.

You would think during a pandemic that there would be some unity and understanding from football clubs. Very sad, football is not bigger than the pandemic and time for some people to give their heads a big wobble.
The one thing that this pandemic has shown is that there is little unity or empathy in this country generally, so the reaction to this doesn't surprise me at all. Don't know what it's been like in other countries but it really has exposed some uncomfortable truths about our society IMO. It's very depressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.