Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

That was one hell of a comeback. Against an overly physical opposition. Far too slow and sloppy in the first half and I couldn’t see us getting the three points. But for once we actually saw out a game and went on to get the third with a fantastic cheeky finish from Bernie. To follow Phil’s thumping equaliser to get us back in it. Away fans simply awesome.
Ps can someone post the lyrics to the champions of Europe, champs of England can’t please.

Quite a few saying, “Ooh, Everton are on a roll, they've got the wind in their sails, they've always been a bit of a bogey team.”
I'd like to say, loud and clear, that we were better than those, and better than them by streets. Streets and whole suburbs. Some people on here were morose at half-time, but the truth is that we outplayed them including in that first half fairly comprehensively. Our passing, our movement, everything was on a whole other level. Pickford kept them in it when they could have been two or even three down. They had one clear chance — one only — gifted them by a cretinous mistake by, I think, Rodri (overall, it seems to me that the great man did not have a very good game). Otherwise, nothing. Then our clear superiority as a footballing team paid off as it should have done in so many other matches this season. It really is as simple as that.
This also looked, finally, like the match of champions. The first of the season, in my view. I don't mean by that champions elect, which we are. But a team that fully intends to be champions. We played with steely intent, especially in the second half. But I repeat: the better team, even in the first half, was us.

Run incoming? We'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.