Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

As did Grealish in the cup final then. He Jumped (for a header) with no regard for where the ball would hit him by your logic!

Of course they had no regard for that. As their intent was to header (grealish) and block (onana). Was Onana suppose to know Ake would slice his shot directly upwards by the powers of telepathy?
At what point did I mention the Grealish incident. We are talking about the incident in this game.
You don't think it's a penalty, fine, I do, also fine.
Was Onana supposed to know Ake would slice his shot, but telepathy or other means, no, but he should know that if his arms are sticking out/up and the ball hits one of them whilst travelling towards the goal, it likely to be a penalty in the current game.

Amazed anyone thinks that should be a
Penalty. As Grealish’ shouldn't have been in the cup final

Pretty much every ex pro and both managers tonight are with me.

PGMOL are with you!!

I know which camp id rather be in….
I'm conflicted with it. If his hand was a bit lower then I'd agree, but I think it was high enough that it was the right call.

Amazed anyone thinks that should be a
Penalty. As Grealish’ shouldn't have been in the cup final

Pretty much every ex pro and both managers tonight are with me.

PGMOL are with you!!

I know which camp id rather be in….
It will be fine. A letter will go out and an apology made.
Probably another rule change too.

Even though it was a penalty. A clear penalty.

Everton pressed us really well to be fair. They made it difficult for us.
I thought so, we started OK for 15 minutes and Pickford got lucky with his leg from Alvarez effort, then they pressed us and we (as we often do) panicked when we kept giving the ball away. As per normal, other teams first chance results in a goal, and were actually lucky to go in at 1-0.

Pep sorted it out for the second half, and we won easily in the end.

Foden sensational second half. What a talent we’ve got at our club. Play him in the middle all day long
It has been obvious to me for ages that he should play in the middle but is Pep convinced? If his last two performances don’t persuade nothing will.
The waistcoat ……..?

I had no idea there was a controversy surrounding the penalty. Anyone that thinks that wasn’t a penalty is a fucking moron.
There isn't a controversy surrounding the penalty, by the current rules it's a clear penalty, that bit can't really be argued, and none of the people who spoke about it tonight said otherwise (well maybe Dyche, but I never understand his stupid riddles, so who knows ?).

The only controversy is with the rules, if a shot hits an arm a yard away, when there was clearly no intention to handball, just block, should it be handball ? The problem is, in one game it's given, and in another it isn't. The referee tonight didn't give it (don't think he saw it), but the linesman did, and indicated with his flag "penalty", don't know if var got involved to check, that wasn't made clear on the coverage I watched.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.