Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I really don’t get the controversy. I don’t remember any interpretation of the handball law where throwing yourself in front of a player taking a shot and blocking the ball with an outstretched arm is anything other than a penalty
it was a pen for me and if at the other end Everton would have wanted it.

problem is our officials are shite and obvious handballs like this have not been given in other games which causes these debates also because in studio pundits are gobshites

Howard Webb needs to go. The officiating in this league is extremely poor.

The yellow card on Grealish in the second half made no sense
Wasn't even a yellow yet the ref allowed Everton to push and kick us all night without any cautions. Seem to remember this time a couple of years ago at Leeds the same thing happened.

Grealish is better than doku imho. Everyone loves a shiny new toy for Christmas, so I guess the time of year is right.

If you like walking football, Grealish is yer man, indeed.

Me? I like chaos AND control. It's not the oxymoron it appears.

With Doku, he has the ability to draw players and commit them, freeing up our forward players for strikes in the pen box.

Grealish slows down the play allowing more cover in the pen box, which forces our players out to start again more than have a pop at goal.

I'm going to assume the strike rate/ chances on goal goes up for Doku on the pitch over Grealish and in the short time at City, Doku has made the greater impact for our forward line.

In my opinion.

I thought the ref was trying to allow that Everton striker to swap shirts (and shorts) with Akanji at one point.
That was another one. Both grappling and grabbing eachothers shirts, book both or just let them go, nope must book our player.
It does make you paranoid the way they ref games but sometimes it sticks out like a sore thumb.

You’re right. Grealish gives us control & an element of defensive cover. Doku is exciting but with erratic results

How long has Doku been at the club?

Remember when Sterling joined? Sané??

Erratic before maturing and longer impact.

We've missed this element to the team; controlled chaos.

A great result, and I had a similar calm feeling after conceding to Everton as I did away at Luton, I thought the lads were fighting and showing promise, I didn't feel too worried. Contrast that with the feeling after Palace got their first....

Foden was ace, Silva and Grealish great. Akanji was well bullied, that was a negative, but credit to him for sticking out the 90. Nunes got a shot after some promising displays but it didn't work at all for him.

That team has Dyche imprinted all over it. I wonder how long it will take for Everton fans to see that all he brings is energy and aggression and not a lot of football.

Penalty for me. Just how it is. Hands up in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.