Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I dont know why they actually delay, then flag.
If the linesmans not sure just leave to VAR full stop

I guess the linesman is just letting the ref know it might be off side. Personally think the linesman made the correct call, it was alot closer than it originally looked.

It was unfortunate that it lead to Stones getting injured it was more to do with the piss poor pitch than the linesman flagging late

Grealish is better than doku imho. Everyone loves a shiny new toy for Christmas, so I guess the time of year is right.
The thing you’re getting wrong is, Doku and Grealish are different players, both bring different attributes to the table, what Doku can do Jack can’t and versi versa, it’s not a set in stone argument of one is better than the other.

This not flagging for offside straight away rule cost us the jonboy injury tonight it's a stupid rule change that makes no sense. CTID
Why is it the case that the referees' assistant can flag immediately for fouls or handball etc. but not offside?
Could it be that the linesman not showing his flag immediately gives var the time to look at the incident and then to decide as to what the best outcome would be for the game.
ie red team go on to score, onside, (liner didn't raise his flag).
Blue team go on to score - offside in the build up. (Other team colours are available!)
(N.B. Perhaps I am over thinking things)

Amazed anyone thinks that should be a
Penalty. As Grealish’ shouldn't have been in the cup final

Pretty much every ex pro and both managers tonight are with me.

PGMOL are with you!!

I know which camp id rather be in….
In the present climate where handball and offsides are incosistant in rule and application, this could be given or not, if everton had been in that situation they would have appealed for a pen too.

Different day, different linesman could have gone the other way and not been given.

As it stands his arm is up and he blocks the ball the linesman said it was unatural, VAR isn't needed in that instance the ref take his assistant view as correct so a penalty is the only outcome, rightly or wrongly

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.