Everton (A) Post Match Thread

Think Everton pushed us more than any other team in the last 17 games.....they worked really hard but we constantly played around them. We gave away the ball probably more times in that game than we have in the last numerous matches and yet we still controlled the game very well.

The link up play by Jesus tonight was as good as Ive seen by any forward ever - I just wish he could finish better bu his work rate, link up play and movement dropping in between the lines is amazing (and he was constantly getting fouled)

Bernardo took a bit of time to get going but once again he was very good.
Cancello played well (think he is slightly more effective on the right)
Walker was very solid defensively as was Dias....Laporte was good but there were a couple of sloppy passes here and there.

Foden's work rate is phenominal and he is constantly battling successfully against far bigger and stronger players but his technical ability wins out more times than not.....

Mahrez was typical Mahrez.....did little for large parts and was frustrating and then scores a blinder.

Great 3 pts at a very difficult place but now we put that behind us and go onto the next....

Great to see KDB back

Re what I said about Richarlison in the previous thread - a player who's good for Everton might not be good in a team who are way ahead of us in terms of quality. Lukaku, for instance. Barkley as well. He was a big fish in a small pond at Everton but not at Chelsea. Richarlison is perfectly fine for where he is but would struggle to get into the first team at City. It sounds like I'm giving City a tongue bath, but I'm not. I'm just being honest.

Rooney and Stones are exceptions though.
Not a fan of Richarlison....looks an awful moan, easy to go down....didn't look as if he could be arsed

Excellent win, second half completely dominated the game. Special praise for Bernardo who was top quality tonight as he has been for the last few months and he deserved his goal.

Gabby put in his usual hard shift, but he needs to be far more clinical in front of goal. I hope Cancelo is ok after that challenge from James when he got a kick on the knee.

Thought this might be one too far but no. Moments of quality. I think we were a little fortunate Calvert-Lewin was not playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.