Everton (a) post-match thread

One of two things is happening as far as I can see, we're either going through a blip and just about managing to cling on until we find form again, or we have finally been found out and it's only a matter of time before the wheels come off.

I enjoyed the game. Everton raised their game lots and battled for every ball. Our players were under heavy pressure as Everton battled so hard.
Despite this City still finished with 63% possession. A hard won 3 points in a very tough game. It would be nice to give credit, but most on here seem to enjoy criticising the team. Pisses me right off.
We underperformed and looked sloppy, particularly in the first half. Everton played out of their skins and probably won't play better for the rest of the season.
Credit where it's due, Phil Foden reacted brilliantly for his goal and the team kept pressing for the win.
That said, it wasn't a match I'd want to sit through again.

Everyone talking about Everton as some sort of bottom of the league heroic strugglers. They're a lottery winning club who have squandered their vast wealth on players and coaches.
They have spent 526 million in 5 years under Multi billionaire Moshiri
we spent 566m in the first 5 years under Mansour. They should be champions league candidates.

One of two things is happening as far as I can see, we're either going through a blip and just about managing to cling on until we find form again, or we have finally been found out and it's only a matter of time before the wheels come off.

we have been coasting for a couple of months and we always knew the spurs game and everton away are a bit of a nightmare ? but the truth is liverpool had games in hand so the points gap looked big. but them games in hand always had liverpool well in the race ?

also the 2 or 3 weeks liverpool players had off because of covid-19 was a major help because of the ACON their returning players could go straight back in and still fresh ? i still feel liverpool will hit a brick wall and get leggy with about 5 games to go when its squeaky bum time

Huge 3 points but fuck me did we get away with that. Dreadful for 70 minutes, if we were playing a team better than 4th bottom we would have been behind comfortably. A complete fluke of a break for the goal and massively got away with one for the handball shout. I can't imagine how many threads and how many pages there would have been on here if that were liverpool winning like that. That should put a nail in the coffin of all those weirdos that are convinced the entire footballing world is out to get city, there's a complete and utter freebie of a decision to give against us if that were true. Don't want to hear anymore whinging about scouse-like conspiracies.

Pep had an absolute mare for the second game in a row, that's a concern, he simply has to see how wide open our midfield is without Bernardo, Rodri is not Fernandinho and cannot do it on his own, it's not even as if we get something else further up the pitch from bernardo as he's barely involved because we can't get it to him often enough and we have other options up there. Get him back centrally before we shoot ourselves in the foot and drop more points.

Stones fills in admirably but he will never be a right back. We've got arguably the best two right backs in the world fit and available and neither are playing right back, only Pep on a mad one would do that.

Foden needs a position and familiarity to find some form so he has him play 4 different positions in the first half alone. Pep needs to get his head out of his arse, get our best players in their best positions, and stop with the temptation to fuck around with experiments like it's a pre-season tour.

You have to win ugly sometimes and I'm delighted we managed that today but we've put in 1 good performance in our last 5 league games going back to Southampton, we need to sharpen up big time.

If we play like that next week even united will fancy their chances of nicking some points.

Great scenes at the end, Cancelo loved it more than Foden.
There will still be conspiracy theorists! This place wouldn’t be the same without that :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.