Everton arteta/Lescott

Thanks for telling us your true feelings, I for one won't hold it against you. I won't make an apology for being bought by a trully rich owner and I won't blagg you and tell you that I wish we had'nt. Infact you'd be lucky to find ONE City fan thats unhappy with our new found wealth, which tells you alot really about how a bunch of hardcore City fans feel...Elated

A couple of points you should take with you is the media have really taken a negative slant on City and you should take things with a pinch of salt (something we are having to learn) and secondly NO other team in the world would'nt want our owners, we are very lucky and very happy. Please try to understand that every dog has it's day, today is ours, tomorrow maybe yours....Let us enjoy it without having to justifie ourself for being extremely excited for our future.

I would love Lescot at City, but it's fuckall to do with me and more to do with that particular player and his ambitions finacially and on the pitch. We were gutted when SWP left' but got over it, you will to.

Anyways best of luck to the toffees mate.

ElanJo said:
evertonfan1878 said:
hello everton fan here!

i really hope that you do not sign arteta or lescott! at the moment i do not think that you will sign arteta as he is injured and i do no think that you need anymore central midfielders, even though arteta would improve any side in the premiership. i am really worrying however that you will sign lescott because at the FA cup final he seemed to be clapping the fans and waving much more than anyone else and he really stood out to me and to other fans that it seemed like it was his last game. He is a class centre half and no doubt would be a great signing for your team. I hope if he does go that we do not settle for anything less than 25 million as you have a stupid amount of money and we do not badly need to sell him as him and jags are amazing pair. I also read some of your other posts saying that you hope you sign cahill and there is absolutely no chance of that because tim is a massive evertonian now and recently has came out and said he would not play for another premiership club which i believe he wouldnt. Even if he was offered the stupid money you are offering nowadays. He is a legend at Everton now!

I have always like man city i know scousers hating mancs and all that shit but i have always liked your support and i used to like the way you club has run. I do now think that it is becoming a bit of a joke it is like fantasy football which i know you all must be loving being linked with the best players in the world. i do regret saying though that i do not hope that it works out for you not because its man city because i have always respected you i just think its a joke ya can get all this money and change. i would have rather you done it the everton way slow and with dignity. however i like mark hughes (ex everton player) and i wish you as fans success but not the club how it is being run.

cheers and all the best for the season.

and yes i have copied and pasted it from the other thread but i wrote a lot and thought it would go un-noticed so i made a new topic!

Lescott for 25mill?? you're havin a laugh man. He's hardly worth half that. City are rich, but we aren't retarded...

Arteta, good player, but, I agree, I cant see him fitting in at City. Hughes may be interested in him but I think he's lower down the list than other targets. If we were to get him it'd be later on in the summer, considering his injury, after we have failed to get our preferred targets.

As for your 2nd paragraph, you're quick to blame us for the demise of football, with massive transfer fees etc, yet you want to suckle on our nipple and rob us for Lescott. In any case, you wrecked what was a decent post with your sniping. Don't expect to be welcomed with open arms.

well to be honest mate try and live as an everton fan watching every other side below you in the league gettin taken over and signing player after player. While we had the worst summer i have ever seen a football club have last summer i wouldnt expect you to know what happened at our club as it was astonoshing. i just hate the fact we have gone about it in the best way possible but still knowing if not next year then the year after you will finish above us.

Petetheblu said:
Thanks for telling us your true feelings, I for one won't hold it against you. I won't make an apology for being bought by a trully rich owner and I won't blagg you and tell you that I wish we had'nt. Infact you'd be lucky to find ONE City fan thats unhappy with our new found wealth, which tells you alot really about how a bunch of hardcore City fans feel...Elated

A couple of points you should take with you is the media have really taken a negative slant on City and you should take things with a pinch of salt (something we are having to learn) and secondly NO other team in the world would'nt want our owners, we are very lucky and very happy. Please try to understand that every dog has it's day, today is ours, tomorrow maybe yours....Let us enjoy it without having to justifie ourself for being extremely excited for our future.

I would love Lescot at City, but it's fuckall to do with me and more to do with that particular player and his ambitions finacially and on the pitch. We were gutted when SWP left' but got over it, you will to.

thanks mate thats a fair point. i do not like the way every other side has been taken over except everton though and you should count yourselves lucky because you are good set of fans. even though when we beat you 1 0 last minute cahill header u charged at our fans for celebrating but i dont mind haha all the best

evertonfan1878 said:
ElanJo said:
evertonfan1878 said:
hello everton fan here!

i really hope that you do not sign arteta or lescott! at the moment i do not think that you will sign arteta as he is injured and i do no think that you need anymore central midfielders, even though arteta would improve any side in the premiership. i am really worrying however that you will sign lescott because at the FA cup final he seemed to be clapping the fans and waving much more than anyone else and he really stood out to me and to other fans that it seemed like it was his last game. He is a class centre half and no doubt would be a great signing for your team. I hope if he does go that we do not settle for anything less than 25 million as you have a stupid amount of money and we do not badly need to sell him as him and jags are amazing pair. I also read some of your other posts saying that you hope you sign cahill and there is absolutely no chance of that because tim is a massive evertonian now and recently has came out and said he would not play for another premiership club which i believe he wouldnt. Even if he was offered the stupid money you are offering nowadays. He is a legend at Everton now!

I have always like man city i know scousers hating mancs and all that shit but i have always liked your support and i used to like the way you club has run. I do now think that it is becoming a bit of a joke it is like fantasy football which i know you all must be loving being linked with the best players in the world. i do regret saying though that i do not hope that it works out for you not because its man city because i have always respected you i just think its a joke ya can get all this money and change. i would have rather you done it the everton way slow and with dignity. however i like mark hughes (ex everton player) and i wish you as fans success but not the club how it is being run.

and yes i have copied and pasted it from the other thread but i wrote a lot and thought it would go un-noticed so i made a new topic!

Lescott for 25mill?? you're havin a laugh man. He's hardly worth half that. City are rich, but we aren't retarded...

Arteta, good player, but, I agree, I cant see him fitting in at City. Hughes may be interested in him but I think he's lower down the list than other targets. If we were to get him it'd be later on in the summer, considering his injury, after we have failed to get our preferred targets.

As for your 2nd paragraph, you're quick to blame us for the demise of football, with massive transfer fees etc, yet you want to suckle on our nipple and rob us for Lescott. In any case, you wrecked what was a decent post with your sniping. Don't expect to be welcomed with open arms.

well to be honest mate try and live as an everton fan watching every other side below you in the league gettin taken over and signing player after player. While we had the worst summer i have ever seen a football club have last summer i wouldnt expect you to know what happened at our club as it was astonoshing. i just hate the fact we have gone about it in the best way possible but still knowing if not next year then the year after you will finish above us.

Jesus nearly every club has finished higher than us previously, yet that was the City you prefered? forgive us for not feeling the same way!!!!!!! Besides it would be boring if you always finished 5th, the prem needs shaking up somewhat.

evertonfan1878 said:
ElanJo said:
evertonfan1878 said:
hello everton fan here!

You act like you have chosen to do it(whatever "it" is - europe I presume?) the "proper way". Ask Moyes if he would have spent 18mill on Moutinho to go with the similar fee for Fellaini if he could have done. To teams like Stoke spending 15mill on a player is fantasy also. How much money have Liverpool/Scum spent in the last 10+ years to get where they are today? Shitloads. We finished 9th last season after spending a large portion of the season in the top 5. It's not like we were fighting relegation before we got took over. Bollocks to it, Im not gonna pretend like I have to justify us having richer owners than you. I commend Moyes for the job he's done in the last few years, he's created a tight hard working side, but for you to push forward you will need investment and that is a fact.

evertonfan1878 said:
Petetheblu said:

thanks mate thats a fair point. i do not like the way every other side has been taken over except everton though and you should count yourselves lucky because you are good set of fans. even though when we beat you 1 0 last minute cahill header u charged at our fans for celebrating but i dont mind haha all the best

Well that was'nt me, if I charged at you you'd laugh!!!! :(

THeres good and bad at all clubs, at City we prided ourselves on being a comedy club for to long and we became everyone soft spot. Things have changed now and as we have to get used to City being a much better side, other will to...WE ARE STILL THE SAME SET OF FANS from our double relegation 12 years ago. We know how things are, but some of the shite in the papers have left us a bit gutted as we ar'nt used to being disliked and lied about, laughed at yes, but not lied about.

We're finding our feet slowly and the money won't alter us to much.... ;)

I do agree with a lot of what you're saying - and have to say, sorry for the rude idiotic comments you have gotten here to an extent - there's some bad apples on every tree, aye?

I do hope that supporters of clubs such as Everton, Villa, Tottenham etc. find it in themselves to be happy if we were to knock a team out of the top 4 (in the same way as I was happy when Villa were doing it and holding my fingers crossed for Everton in the FA Cup Final).

The wealth shouldn't be something to condemn us for, that argument in itself is just pure envy speaking, but I agree evertonfan, you made some valid points. I for one, am all for the investment in youth and actually find myself in a problematic situation where I don't want us to sign too many players, we need to invest in the youth and training facilities and give trust and opportunity to our grown guys. You can't buy loyalty, and a truly successful club needs that.

However I hope you understand that to make a statement and generate this huge leap into stirring up the premier league table a bit, there is a huge gap needing to be filled, and this can only be done through buying in talent, and that is the stage we are at now. To create sustained growth for the club, we need to attract big names to sign up to increase revenues from shirt sales, tickets, tv coverage, sponsorships etc. This step needs to be taken, so when many laughed off City's £100m bid for Kaka in January, it was, after all a business investment. In essence, we were ready to pay over the odds to not only get a good player but to set us up as a club of the sort of stature that goes to do big things.

Lescott, I'd have to be honest, but only if the price is right. He's a good player and if you like Jo that much, I wouldn't mind a straightforward swap. I think that could leave us all happy, no?

evertonfan1878 said:
i just rather you done it mroe of the everton eay than the chelsea way can you see what i am saying?

Let's see, the Chelsea way won a couple of league titles and a few other trophies. The Everton way has won precisely nothing in recent years. I'm sure you would prefer it if we tried to do it the Everton way.

Now which do you think I'd prefer?

Dhenry said:
I do agree with a lot of what you're saying - and have to say, sorry for the rude idiotic comments you have gotten here to an extent - there's some bad apples on every tree, aye?

I do hope that supporters of clubs such as Everton, Villa, Tottenham etc. find it in themselves to be happy if we were to knock a team out of the top 4 (in the same way as I was happy when Villa were doing it and holding my fingers crossed for Everton in the FA Cup Final).

The wealth shouldn't be something to condemn us for, that argument in itself is just pure envy speaking, but I agree evertonfan, you made some valid points. I for one, am all for the investment in youth and actually find myself in a problematic situation where I don't want us to sign too many players, we need to invest in the youth and training facilities and give trust and opportunity to our grown guys. You can't buy loyalty, and a truly successful club needs that.

However I hope you understand that to make a statement and generate this huge leap into stirring up the premier league table a bit, there is a huge gap needing to be filled, and this can only be done through buying in talent, and that is the stage we are at now. To create sustained growth for the club, we need to attract big names to sign up to increase revenues from shirt sales, tickets, tv coverage, sponsorships etc. This step needs to be taken, so when many laughed off City's £100m bid for Kaka in January, it was, after all a business investment. In essence, we were ready to pay over the odds to not only get a good player but to set us up as a club of the sort of stature that goes to do big things.

Lescott, I'd have to be honest, but only if the price is right. He's a good player and if you like Jo that much, I wouldn't mind a straightforward swap. I think that could leave us all happy, no?

Spot on! Real Madrid said that Zidane was the cheapest player they ever bought, because of the revenue he brought through success and merchandise... The odd Glactico is necessary for real success as a club and Hughes, Cook and The Sheikh know this very well.

As for the Evertonian, you sound decent enough and fair play for expressing your opinion but Doing it the "Everton Way" is just to bang your head against a brick wall. You will never get into the top 4 without big investment and the chances of you getting anything like we've got in terms of resources and it has to be said dignity of our owner. The man and his team are impressive and for me, and almost every other Blue, they really are doing it the right way... So far!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.