Everton (Away) C1 SF 1st Leg : Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The problem with Manchester City is they used to be alright. Like, they were no threat to anyone, bar the odd Shaun Goater brace, or Giorgi Kinkladze goal of the season. Then they went all tits up and ended up doing a Southampton. Then Paul Dickov turned them round with some sort of famous goal at Wembley against Gillingham, they got taken over by Sheikh OilFace and all of a sudden they have fans popping up all over the place banging on about how they got 30,000 crowds in Division 2, and how they deserve this success. No. No you don't. You've all become what you hate. You've become Chelsea. Well done.

This might sound like sour grapes. And it is. By god it is. Why them? Why not us? As we potentially stand on the verge of a takeover of the Toffees, my wish for some mental sheikh lobbing his dad's oil money at us looks like it will never happen. Which is a real shame. We'd have done the whole thing with so much more class than them"

Hahahahahahaaha

Why not them?

Someone send him this article: http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/114687.html

That Is so bitter... I would rather my club not be took over by oil magnets in the first place, even of it meant the next 20 years without success. Anything we won will feel shallow and dirty.

But I am not bitter toward man city you have deserved every cup you have won...

I'm just saying personally that's my stance
I know we like to keep these cunts for comedy value, but this little shit is just nasty. Fuck off nick and come back when your balls have dropped.

Have people on here been cyber-bullying nickafc? I seem to recall a few times that fans of other teams have come for a chat and a bit of banter and had their feelings hurt by overly aggressive responses from Blues. I know most of us on here can take it, but some people get quite upset by that sort of thing.

Have people on here been cyber-bullying nickafc? I seem to recall a few times that fans of other teams have come for a chat and a bit of banter and had their feelings hurt by overly aggressive responses from Blues. I know most of us on here can take it, but some people get quite upset by that sort of thing.

Does one stick one's hand in a beehive and not expect to get stung? Plenty of great posters who support other sides (StockportMackem, e.g.) folks get along with well. Most if not all of the ones with whom people struggle bring trouble on themselves with an ill-advised taunt or stupidity-laced phrase IMO.

I guess that's aimed at me? I have no problem with 'banter', but if I was to join an Arsenal forum and imply that I would feel shallow and dirty if I supported Arsenal then I probably wouldn't last long.
He's a snide little shit who should read his own club's history before taking the moral high ground with us and I stand by my comments.

Last edited:
How does he not know that their stadium is called 'The Emirates'. If that is not oil money (and a country that reportedly funds ISIS), I don't know what is.

Hart

Zaba
Otamendi
Mangala
Clichy

Fernandinho
Fernando

Navas
Yaya
Sterling

Bony

Good line-up. Go for a clean sheet and that will give confidence to our defenders. Very important to rest KDB who has been playing 90 minutes every game and Silva/Aguero are coming from injury.
If we still go behind, bring KDB, Silva and Aguero from the bench.

We played De Bruyne and Silva against Hull at home in the quarters, why would we rest them in the semi's against a much better side away?

There are many reasons for resting them :
1. We don't need to win this game. A clean sheet is a very good result. 3 midfielders + Navas/Sterling tracking back helps in that regard. Many fans complain about lack of defensive duties of KDB/Silva.
2. KDB has played 90 mins every game in the festive period and before that (only a couple of substitutions I remember). Silva is just returning back from injury.
3. KDB has been average away from home.
4. PL is up for grabs and should be prioritized over any other competition. We are competing with Leicester and Arsenal, won't get easier when Tottenham/Liverpool/United & Chelsea with new manager are expected to improve next season.

I'd go with:

------------------------Wily------------------------
Zabaleta----Demichelis--Otamendi-------Clichy
-----------------Fernandinho---Yaya--------------
Navas------------------Silva-------------------Sterling
--------------------------Aguero------------------------

We need to freshen up this team. And considering KDB is a completely different player away from home right now he's easiest to drop. Demicheli/Otamendi looked pretty comfortable together and we need them to manage the line.

Aguero needs to start. The only way he'll get better at this point in the season is if he gets true match fitness.

Thoughts?

Only change I can see happening is Caballero in for Hart.

Pellegrini didn't even play Hart in the league cup run and final a few years back, so can't see him going against it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.