Everton going into administration?

toffeetom said:
No idea what's going on tbh, we spend nothing and are in debt.

Depressing times, we're stuck in a rut. Perhaps going down would do some good, meh.

Thanks for the honesty Tom, and from what i have seen, you are in the minority ie decent. If you lose cahill and maybe two more due to injury then i think you're fukd, equally if we lose Carlos/Vinny/Nidge so are we, justa different fukd though. Peace to you.

Marvin said:
How could this happen when Everton are renowned for not spending and recently sold Lescott to us? They get crowds of 35k so I can't see it.

If EFC are bankrupt then the rest of football must be too

They have players on fairly big wages... they have next to no corporate facilities... their stadium generates less than West Ham, maybe even Fulham... they HAVE spent money in recent years in spite of the PR "Peoples Club" shit they like to espouse...

The rumours stemmed from them letting squad players go in Jan to save on the wages even though they are short manned and struggling badly in the league. Sold Pinnar for pennies ok he was out of contract in the summer but he has been there second best player last couple of seasons not replaced.

No one signed in Jan despite a threadbear squad in the bottom half of the table. Very cheeky pid for rat face from Twitcher suggests they got wind they were desperate for money (maybe from pinnar ?).

From the outside looking in things look very bad financial wise they dont have decent gate income they have very much relied on high league finishes and cup runs / europe punching above their weight for years.

Moyes certainly looks and sounds like hes been gang raped the last few times I have seen his interviews on TV.

A very unpopular club amongst the majority of football fans is the reality of the situation so there wont be much symphathy I would imagine if its true.

alera said:
The rumours stemmed from them letting squad players go in Jan to save on the wages even though they are short manned. Sold Pinnar for pennies ok he was out of contract in the summer but he has been there second best player last couple of seasons not replaced.

No one signed in Jan despite a threadbear squad in the bottom half of the table. Very cheeky pid for rat face from Twitcher suggests they got wind they were desperate for money (maybe from pinnar ?).

From the outside looking in things look very bad financial wise they dont have decent gate income they have very much relied on high league finishes and cup runs / europe punching above their weight for years.

A very unpopular club amongst the majority of football fans is the reality of the situation so there wont be symphathy I would imagine if its true.

Moyes certainly looks and sounds like hes been gang raped the last few times I have seen his interviews.

Ooohh nyyyccsshhhhhe.

And dragged through a drainpipe, backwards.

If there is an ounce of truth in these rumours and they have the levels of luck City have had in the past hen 3 things will happen.

1. Long term injury to Saha + one other player.

2. Sponsor will go bankrupt leaving them short financially

3. Manager will leave to go to another, bigger club like Tranmere.

weejh said:
In Bobby We Trust said:
Seriously, why would you hope another team goes into administration?! What a stupid post, this could easily have been us before the takeover. Whats happened to our fans?

We've had a year of their fans coming over here, spitting venom about how they are a much bigger and better club than us?

Forgive and forget takes some time.

As always though, I will reiterate my view on any scouse club, which is that they should be melted by napalm and their ashes should be smoke in a fatty by TMQ.

this rumour is everywhere in liverpool too, been told by a few people.

I've told this story, on here, before but it's worth repeating...

Back in the day, before SKY and the Premiership era:
Philip Carter (ex-chairman of Everton), along with David Dein (Arsenal) were both appointed by the Football League Management Commitee to negotiate the best possible TV deal for the entire Football League.
Oh, what a deal they did with ITV! Half of the total kitty was divided between the then big 5: Manyoo, Liverpool, Spurs and (you guessed it) Everton and Arsenal.

So now, years after their shafting of everybody else:
* ITV have no league football.
* Manyoo are hundreds of million in debt.
* Liverpool have just rolled the dice on the biggest gamble in their history
* Spurs are thriving... so long as they get the Olympic stadium. Although, if they don't, I'm sure Harry will see them right. Harry's never left a club in the lurch, eh?
* Everton are financially crippled (whether these admin rumours are true or not)
* Only Arsenal are managing to steer clear of any forseeable danger.

And today's lesson is:
Live long enough and you'll see all of the bastards down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.