Everton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I would love to know why Pep had Akanji join Rodri in midfield instead of John Stones. Akanji looked cumbersome and awkward in that role. Pep must have had a reason but can't think what it could be.
Interesting, but there is always a plan with Pep. Might be something to do with Dias' form? He looked a lot more assured with Stones alongside side him. Although I agree that Akanji never seems to look comfortable in that role.

Ben Godfrey is a snidey fuck. Gives it the hard man but spends most of his time on his arse getting treatment. A class A prick someone should have a quiet word with him
Said to my mate that he'd go off eventually, only to come back on..... then he'd sit down feigning further (same) injury before finally going off. Their time wasting was the worst I've ever witnessed. Godfrey was a fucking disgrace.

I thought Pep got the system really wrong in the first half. We packed the central areas which just led to a lack of width and an inability to get our attacking players on the ball centrally. Alvarez and Nunes were just crowded out and it was a case of Ake-Doku-Ake and then you had Akanji a bit sluggish in the middle and Rodri equally crowded.

It was all a bit slow and predictable and easy for Everton to manage. De Bruyne and Walker injected the energy and zip we needed and got us the width to create more space.

A great win. Onto the next.

Yes, I understand that. It also goes with my point of Grealish not having the same effect from the start against a low block.

It's a different thing when a side has chased us for 75mins in a match!
Yeah, there's not many sides who can chase, run and tear-arse about the pitch for a full ninety! I always say that yer've gotta get every block, every channel, every run, yer've gotta jump as high as yer did in the first ten minutes, and it's no good resting much of yer game plan on what the whistling wanker is gonna throw yer way. MCFC will find a way! It's surprising that EFC didn't want to change into brown shorts the minute they saw Kev warming up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.