Everton (H) | Post Match Thread

the mind set is Champions League, all our eggs are in that basket ? why else are the likes of walker foden cancelo not playing, OK for me, It's still very early season, we are not even halfway through, so a good run of wins from here like 10 to 15 wins we will be there or thereabout, so no need to panic
Yeah im not panicking. But no point pretending its been great, when it hasnt

Game of the day on sky - the others must have been bad !

If that had been the World Cup, there would have been about 30 added minutes.

The linesman stoppage was just amateur.

It was similar to Brentford game, not quick enough or direct in moving the ball. Foden was more involved in his time on the pitch than most others. Madley was in the way at times and did a good marking job on Kev on more than one occasion.

Total shite today. It was fucking awful. KdB and Grealish done nothing. FFS was FFS.

Everton fans should be ashamed of the antics of their team. They were an embarrassment.

Just got back in and haven't read all the thread.
Poor team selection from Pep - surely rotation demanded that Walker, Cancelo, Foden should have started, also Laporte?
Again subs made far too late.
Rely too much on KDB and when he has a poor game it shows.
Grealish ineffective, particularly second half.
Didn't get Haaland into the game enough ( particularly second half).
Mahrez was poor, always cutting back in as is his wont when we needed him to go wide and stretch the Everton defence ( tbf to Mahrez he did lay on the first and cross for Rodri (?) who could have nicked it at the end. Having Bernie a left footer on that side didn't help.
Not seen a replay of the Haaland tackle - quite a few were expecting a red.
Shit day all rounded with the Arse now seven ahead we have a mountain to climb given our tough run of fixtures coming up ( although ironically playing better sides who are more open could suit us).

Forget arsenal being 7 points ahead or the mountain you say we will have to climb, first thing first.
let's start getting our best 11 on the pitch, we must start with our best 11 then change with the 5 subs you can now use, getting the game won first instead of chasing a result.

back to basic for me 4.3.3 get both full backs on, so we can split the 2 centre backs with Rodri sitting back so Cancelo and Walker can bomb forward, this maybe the wake-up call for pep and the squad, we need to kick on from here, we are a team that can win 10 or so games on the trout so no need to panic.

would love a new left back, even if somebody has to leave to balance the squad, I think it would be the missing key down the left and also open up everything going forward

Another who has just got home and not surprised to see so many pages: always the same if we don't win.

Dreadful result. Hate it when spoilers like Everton try to live off scraps and manage it. It's an excellent strike from Gray, who had been well marshalled and then our players dropped a little too dep but the main problem was giving the ball away in the wrong place. Fact is, apart from that they created fuck all and offered no threat.

City's crossing just was not good enough today but with so many men to try and play through it's bloody difficult, so you have to make sure you do not concede.

I'm a bit surprised Pep did not freshen the side up and I would have liked to have seen the subs come on sooner. However, there is absolutely no guarantee it would have improved things, although across a full game, I'd like to think Foden would have got to the by-line more than we did: managed four crosses when he came on but none of them found a man, so no one knows if he would have produced.

Forget arsenal being 7 points ahead or the mountain you say we will have to climb, first thing first.
let's start getting our best 11 on the pitch, we must start with our best 11 then change with the 5 subs you can now use, getting the game won first instead of chasing a result.

back to basic for me

Forget about everything except having a solid defense! That's the bare minimum needed to mount a title challenge.

If we can at a minimum do that for the rest of the season.. we might do well.

But if we keep shooting ourselves in the foot, the title is a pipe dream!

No names, no plasticy bullshit, no pep out overraction .. just simple truth of what we need to fix!

Total shite today. It was fucking awful. KdB and Grealish done nothing. FFS was FFS.

Everton fans should be ashamed of the antics of their team. They were an embarrassment.
Ffs made 3 really good opportunities. I’ll take that from a winger with little support

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.