Everton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio needs to start as he is the one scoring at home,gabby 1 goal at home since january(i think) and that has only just happened
If we base our line-up on vague stuff like that, you might as well say Jesus needs to start because he got 5 in 4 against Everton, and Everton is one of the teams Sergio has struggled against, scoring 2 in 14 if im not mistaken

I'd leave Garcia in for now, he's done nothing wrong.
Yeah, he doesn't really deserve to be left out but Guardiola always seems to favour experience over youth. Garcia will almost certainly start the Port Vale game though.

Yes I love his philosophy but when we don’t have a descent cb and a left back who are slow why push them all the way to center circle? This cost us Eddie with his red card .
Thing is he keeps playing this way because it means when Laporte is back and maybe in the summer if we sign a CB we aren't forced into learning a new tactic again.

It's the same thing that allowed us to push on from 16-17 into 17-18. He's probably looking to play a long term strategy here.

If we base our line-up on vague stuff like that, you might as well say Jesus needs to start because he got 5 in 4 against Everton, and Everton is one of the teams Sergio has struggled against, scoring 2 in 14 if im not mistaken
Well it's a different team nd different manager so i don't think stats like that really matters,fact is this year gabby is not scoring at home and sergio not many away,it's weird but more relevant i think

Well it's a different team nd different manager so i don't think stats like that really matters,fact is this year gabby is not scoring at home and sergio not many away,it's weird but more relevant i think
Aguero has continually had bad scoring records in several City teams against several Everton teams.
Jesus scored in our last home game.

Neither is relevant. I trust Pep to choose his striker based on how he thinks Everton will play, or part of a bigger rotational plan. I suspect Sergio will start with Gabby starting versus Port Vale

Aguero has continually had bad scoring records in several City teams against several Everton teams.
Jesus scored in our last home game.

Neither is relevant. I trust Pep to choose his striker based on how he thinks Everton will play, or part of a bigger rotational plan. I suspect Sergio will start with Gabby starting versus Port Vale
I assume it will be us v a bus,few chances,sergio plays

I assume it will be us v a bus,few chances,sergio plays
Agreed, Everton will most likely play with 5 at the back. Our press will be vital because they have been very good at getting the ball from defence to one of their attackers in the middle running at the opposition defence in very few passes under Carlo. Considering us being prone to having way too much space between our lines this season, and a chaotic defence, this could be a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.