Everton hypocrisy - the ’Mersey Millionaires’

Damocles said:
Whilst I appreciate the general sanity of most of your posts, I'm afraid to say that you are either talking bollocks here or have zero business sense.

Want to know more companies that had an 'unsustainable business model' that will 'never yield a positive return'?

Google_logo.jpg

Pretty sure that they are doing ok for themselves.

Research something called "Get Big Fast", it's how most modern consumer based businesses have worked.

For those who can't be arsed looking it up, it's an economic theory that states that making a company very big, then finding a way to make money is far easier than making money small and building it up.

It's common sense when you think about it.

EDIT: You should also look up something called "First Mover Advantage" and how City will plan to take lessons from this (the so called "Second Mover Advantage")

Oh, so are you arguing that City are going to capture the majority of the 'football market', i.e. winning the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, and becoming a leading player in the commercial side of global football merchandising, in order to become profitable? Sheesh, that's ambitious

Fucking worked though didn't it you scouse pricks.

3KubKy4.png

Good bump by the way

And never forget they were one of the five clubs (along with the rags, Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs) that were behind all the main moves in the 1980's and 1990's that tried to tilt the financial playing field in their favour;
  • Ending the gate revenue sharing agreement in 1983, when that money was virtually the sole source of income so the "big" clubs with large crowds got richer at the expense of the smaller clubs.
  • Doing the disgraceful deal with ITV whereby only they would be shown most games and would therefore pocket the vast majority of the revenue.
  • Setting up the Premier League in 1992, which took money away from the Football League clubs.
And since 1992, they've won just 1 FA Cup and stil play in a crumbling, wooden stadium. Wonder if they still think it was worth it?

Well said,Balti.

Everton fans seem to live in a perpetual state of moral outrage at the moment...as if the rest of us footballing charlatans owe them some sort of debt of gratitude....for harking back to "better" times and reminding us all that only they actually represent the last bastion of what supporting a "real" football club used to mean......all piously self-procalimed and monotonously repeated to anyone that will listen,and always delivered with a pompous sermon about their "glorious history"....as if no other club has existed,or their achievements somehow pale into insignificance.

Scousers are the world's best at telling others how important their toil is....how important their suffering is,how righteous their victories....and also the worlds best at hypocrisy.

Mersey Millionaires.
Signing Lescott from Wolves.
"Hands" Segers.

It will be interesting to see how their finely honed and slavishly followed concepts of social and moral martyrdom hold up if an investor with real money ever takes over the club.....or whether that peculiar local ailment "scouse amnesia" kicks in.

I suspect that they'll vanish quicker than a snowflake in summer.

As usual.

I have a tinge of sympathy as that team they hand when Heysel happened would have been nailed on for the European Cup the next season.

And never forget they were one of the five clubs (along with the rags, Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs) that were behind all the main moves in the 1980's and 1990's that tried to tilt the financial playing field in their favour;
  • Ending the gate revenue sharing agreement in 1983, when that money was virtually the sole source of income so the "big" clubs with large crowds got richer at the expense of the smaller clubs.
  • Doing the disgraceful deal with ITV whereby only they would be shown most games and would therefore pocket the vast majority of the revenue.
  • Setting up the Premier League in 1992, which took money away from the Football League clubs.
And since 1992, they've won just 1 FA Cup and stil play in a crumbling, wooden stadium. Wonder if they still think it was worth it?

How long before it fails to get a safety certificate? I seem to remember reading and Everton blog stating that they will need to sell two of Stones, Lukaku, or Barkley regardless of the new TV deal.

Tell your ma, your ma,
To wipe away all the tears,
No trophies for twenty years,
Tell your ma, your ma.

I don't particularly hate Everton

I just hate scousers
Cilla Black
Ken Dodd
That fucking annoying comedian John something
Jimmy Tarbuck
The LA's
The passport office
Huyton
Derek Acorah
Rick Astley

You're all cunts..red or blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.