Everton no longer the friendly peoples club..............

DontLookBackInAnger said:
It's funny, I can take being beaten(as a City fan you kind of need that!), but while there might be some nice Evertonians I sure as hell didn't run into any Saturday! With luck this ground thing with drain them of what little cash they have and they can spend a few years playing with the likes of Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff.

We havnt had cash in years and yet we still manage. Theres always one silly club who pays too much for one of our players 8-)...

Nick1878 said:
It's funny, I can take being beaten(as a City fan you kind of need that!), but while there might be some nice Evertonians I sure as hell didn't run into any Saturday! With luck this ground thing with drain them of what little cash they have and they can spend a few years playing with the likes of Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff.

We havnt had cash in years and yet we still manage. Theres always one silly club who pays too much for one of our players 8-)...
Ohhh don't get me wrong what you have done over the last 10 years is nothing short of amazing, but with world class stadia running in at least the 300m range right now, you will have to sell a whole lot of Lescotts to fund that!!!

Nick1878 said:
Ohhh don't get me wrong what you have done over the last 10 years is nothing short of amazing, but with world class stadia running in at least the 300m range right now, you will have to sell a whole lot of Lescotts to fund that!!!

We will get investment eventually...Kenwright just needs to stop being selfish and sell up already

hey nick were you there in the 81 fa cup quarter final tie what a welcome that day, a welcome of the highest order, your manager on saturday was a total dick the damage people like him are doing to this game is a disgrace, winding all the knobheads to an extent that they want to go out and do damage to opposition supporters, in any other aspect it,s called incitement, we have one in the next town to us who is very good at turning people on each other, it is that sort of nastiness that is going to fetch the bad days back so wake up to it?
Nick1878 said:
Hate posts like this, why generalise some idiot fans? Its unfair, the majority of fans are fine, but every club has twats who ruin it.

Take city for example, some of the posts on here about Everton are vile, and yet your different from us?

Another mention, i went to a City match, a dad and his 5 year old son was sitting amongst the city fans - their team scored an they didnt celebrate, they were just watching the match rather well. And yet some twatty fans started a fight with them an the son started crying. Should i judge city on them fans?

Nick1878 said:

We will get investment eventually...Kenwright just needs to stop being selfish and sell up already
The problem is....and normally I would have no axe to grind against Everton and can look at you from the outside looking in, The first time I want to Everton was the year you guys beat us in the QF of the League Cup(1988 maybe???)and at the time Goodison Park was one of the very best grounds in the country(and one of the biggest)and you had one of the very best teams.

Today Goodison Park is a dump, by itself as you say you can hang on for investment. However the thing that would scare the shit out of me when it comes to that is not only have ALL your rivals got grounds that are much better(and not by a small margin), a 2nd tier of clubs have now past you the likes of Derby, Middlesbough and even Milton Keynes(if they finish it to the planned level)!

On top of that you now have clubs like Bristol City and Plymouth building stadia that would sink Everton lower and lower on the list. The question then becomes, how good an investment are Everton, remember Sheikh Mansour just spent 380m(roughly)in the last 18months simply on players, Everton need that kind of funding simply to stand still. In terms of investment wouldn't someone like Newcastle or even Southampton(that you could get for pretty much nothing!)be a much attractive location for someone looking from the outside in?

I was at Goodison on sat. It was my son's first ever game and I hadn't been to a game for ages (first time at Goodison).

We were with some Evertonian friends in with their fans and I didn't have a problem at all. People round us worked out we were City and we got some good natured ribbing. We went to a local pub after and everyone was pretty friendly.

I thought the atmosphere was fine. I Didn't hear anything particularly abusive directed at City. I really enjoyed it, well except for the result of course (which made my son cry), but no complaints 'cos we got absolutely battered.

And to be honest, I really liked the ground. It's a shame that they feel they have to move.

allblackcitizen said:
I was at Goodison on sat. It was my son's first ever game and I hadn't been to a game for ages (first time at Goodison).

We were with some Evertonian friends in with their fans and I didn't have a problem at all. People round us worked out we were City and we got some good natured ribbing. We went to a local pub after and everyone was pretty friendly.

I thought the atmosphere was fine. I Didn't hear anything particularly abusive directed at City. I really enjoyed it, well except for the result of course (which made my son cry), but no complaints 'cos we got absolutely battered.

And to be honest, I really liked the ground. It's a shame that they feel they have to move.
Its a shithole and you couldnt have been sat in the Bullens stand as the rest of us, the Platt Lane was closed because of the same type of construction as the Bullens stand and that must have been close to 17 years ago!

allblackcitizen said:

Really liked the ground are you on drugs m8? or are you an everton fan crazy its a hole

I always had probs at Goodison - very nervous about going anywhere near that place after first visit and scallies hanging round Stanley (knife) Park

As for that fookin inbred he quite clearly acted as Gollums henchman and whipped it up - we should have one hell of a welcome for him and his clogging teammates when they visit us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.