Everton no longer the friendly peoples club..............

Must say the fans we met were fantastic. We went to a little village called Melling before the game to avoid any trouble around the ground (dodgy boozers) met some nice Evertonians. When we were ready to go we found we had a flat on our minibus and no spare. So one of the local's jumped to our rescue and we all dived in his transit, got us to the ground on time.
Really recommend the Horse and Jockey in Melling, Good company great beer and sort you out with a lift to the game.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
allblackcitizen said:
I was at Goodison on sat. It was my son's first ever game and I hadn't been to a game for ages (first time at Goodison).

We were with some Evertonian friends in with their fans and I didn't have a problem at all. People round us worked out we were City and we got some good natured ribbing. We went to a local pub after and everyone was pretty friendly.

I thought the atmosphere was fine. I Didn't hear anything particularly abusive directed at City. I really enjoyed it, well except for the result of course (which made my son cry), but no complaints 'cos we got absolutely battered.

And to be honest, I really liked the ground. It's a shame that they feel they have to move.
Its a shithole and you couldnt have been sat in the Bullens stand as the rest of us, the Platt Lane was closed because of the same type of construction as the Bullens stand and that must have been close to 17 years ago!

eh? was sat in the same stand as the city fans, but down the other end adjacent to gwladys street or whatever they call it

grantyboy23 said:
allblackcitizen said:
I was at Goodison on sat. It was my son's first ever game and I hadn't been to a game for ages (first time at Goodison).

We were with some Evertonian friends in with their fans and I didn't have a problem at all. People round us worked out we were City and we got some good natured ribbing. We went to a local pub after and everyone was pretty friendly.

I thought the atmosphere was fine. I Didn't hear anything particularly abusive directed at City. I really enjoyed it, well except for the result of course (which made my son cry), but no complaints 'cos we got absolutely battered.

And to be honest, I really liked the ground. It's a shame that they feel they have to move.

Really liked the ground are you on drugs m8? or are you an everton fan crazy its a hole

wish i had been m8 and nah, not Everton. i just like grounds like goodison. call me retro if you like. obviously facilities are not great, but then I don't go to football to admire the toilets.

saying that, it was my first game anywhere for yonks, so maybe I'm just easily pleased

read your comments on here about- bin dippers, and all the other lazy cliches about scousers and the city- what reception did you expect in fairness...you reap what you sow in life. there is never any love lost between the two cities and probably never will. to blame phil neville baffles me. every club has its idiots and is there a certain irony as to the reception you will give united tomorrow...hope i hear no abuse at united and its followers

shackattack said:
read your comments on here about- bin dippers, and all the other lazy cliches about scousers and the city- what reception did you expect in fairness...you reap what you sow in life. there is never any love lost between the two cities and probably never will. to blame phil neville baffles me. every club has its idiots and is there a certain irony as to the reception you will give united tomorrow...hope i hear no abuse at united and its followers
Even if you accept Moyes and his view of what went on in the summer(and if thats the case why didn't they bring it before the FA?), how is it that the fans of city "reap what you sow in life" so you're saying that I should expect to be bricked on the way home from the game, simply because I support a club that has richer owners than Everton?????

shackattack said:
Even if you accept Moyes and his view of what went on in the summer(and if thats the case why didn't they bring it before the FA?), how is it that the fans of city "reap what you sow in life" so you're saying that I should expect to be bricked on the way home from the game, simply because I support a club that has richer owners than Everton?????
did i mention moyes and the summer? some of the threads on here about scousers and rags hardly make for a pleasant atmosphere. if you was bricked on the way home then i apologise but should you get another hostile atmosphere tomorrow will you complain? i actually like hostile atmospheres in that it at least makes an atmosphere. eastlands will hardly be a walk in the park when we visit willl it?

What these Everton fans don't realise is it's going be hell when they come to our place, I know it's not fair on the genuine fan but these thing's happen.

shackattack said:
did i mention moyes and the summer? some of the threads on here about scousers and rags hardly make for a pleasant atmosphere. if you was bricked on the way home then i apologise but should you get another hostile atmosphere tomorrow will you complain? i actually like hostile atmospheres in that it at least makes an atmosphere. eastlands will hardly be a walk in the park when we visit willl it?
Hostile atmospheres are fine, no issue with that, my issue is with the way some people want to lump the actions on the club of the fans, having the programme say "there you go dickhead" as he handed the programme over. Or the stewards becoming aggresive because Everton fucked up printing the tickets, thus having a bunch of fans trying to enter at the wrong gates, or being bricked on the way home. These are all things that I very much doubt you will see if you come to Eastlands.

yes Everton will get a hostile reception but nothing like the vile abuse dished out to SWP and Micah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.