Everton - Post match thread.

Good comments Dave. The Walker moment you mention was unbelievable. "Are we watching a different game to the ref". Surreal!. How petty was it to pull Sane up for a foul throw. Sane was behind the line both feet on the ground and not looking for an unfair advantage. Everton were making a meal out of every challenge and an average ref would have noticed this. Baines reaction for Walkers first card was shocking! He never fu*king touched him. The ref should have had a word with Walker for having a foot off the ground and should of told Baines stop trying to fu*king con me he never touched you and could have nipped it in the bud
Walker was off for what the whistling wanker wanted or thought what he had seen - ridiculous sending off. Already this early in the season, the refs are at it

We're missing a solid, central defensive midfielder who can boss the midfield.

We look so disjointed between the defence and attackers. At times Kompany and Otamendi were passed the halfway line and trying to thread through balls and then struggling to get back.

3 at the back won't work until we have a solid midfielder in front of them.

Just to add, the reason why 3 at the back worked for Chelsea last season was because they had solid midfielders like Kante in front of them.

Until we have the same we're going to continue to be so vulnerable.

We're missing a solid, central defensive midfielder who can boss the midfield.

We look so disjointed between the defence and attackers. At times Kompany and Otamendi were passed the halfway line and trying to thread through balls and then struggling to get back.

3 at the back won't work until we have a solid midfielder in front of them.

Yaya

He pulled Pep out of the shit last season.

Koeman has a cheek, he was the first putting his hands up calling for Walker to be sent-off.

Then he attempts in the post-match to claim it wasn't a sending off and we got Schneiderlin off.

Aguero and Jesus aren't enough.

If anything, Sergio isn't good enough.

He will keep costing us.

Seen nothing out there which suggests Pep has changed much from last season.

He hets paid plenty to rectify mistakes and everyone in the ground could see Sane was being hung out to dry.

Positives - Bernardo, Sterling and Danilo.

Absolutely, Doc. I get the impression that all of them have the equivalent of a coaching manual stashed between their ears rather than letting natural instincts make the play. Obsession football soon takes over from possession football!
Exactly this. Second half the players looked like they were playing with the shackles off and despite having a man less they were operating in so much space.

We have a wonderful set of players, who should piss this league. If Pep doesn't try to show how clever he is we should be OK.

Yaya

He pulled Pep out of the shit last season.

I agree he's our best but if Yaya doesn't play? He's 34. Can't run as much as he used to.

Astonishing to be that we haven't gone for a central midfielder this summer, especially as Pep is playing 3 at the back.

Got to play Jesus as the main striker in games like that, giving us an additional attacking midfielder to create chances and pull some strings. Having him dropping deep and just laying the ball off each time isn't playing to his strengths.

I think Sterling proved that he needs to be starting and at home we should be 4-1-4-1. We can save 3-5-2 for away games and teams that pose more of a threat.

Still very early days but we're still having similar problems to last season.
Like others have said far more eloquently than i, we look over coached, almost robotic like.

Pep needs to stop pissing about.

Play Aguero or Jesus. Play maximum 4 defenders. Do not play forwards/midfielders in defensive positions.

It's not rocket science it's football ffs.

Good comments Dave. The Walker moment you mention was unbelievable. "Are we watching a different game to the ref". Surreal!. How petty was it to pull Sane up for a foul throw. Sane was behind the line both feet on the ground and not looking for an unfair advantage. Everton were making a meal out of every challenge and an average ref would have noticed this. Baines reaction for Walkers first card was shocking! He never fu*king touched him. The ref should have had a word with Walker for having a foot off the ground and should of told Baines stop trying to fu*king con me he never touched you and could have nipped it in the bud

I think that the EFC physio never came on for any of those 'injuries'. I've never seen a team where such a high selection of players were left lying face down as though they had been pole-axed and their season had met a premature end! If that is not simulation, I don't know the difference between a spud and a banana!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.