Everton - Post match thread.

We don't know how to play against a deep line. Which will mean we won't win the league as there's only 2 or 3 teams that won't sit deep against us.

Did anyone know the positions and formation towards the end. Happy with the point in the end but first half was very pedestrian

Tricky one though. With our talent bank, we've arguably progressed beyond "best starting eleven" stage

Surely that must be the rags though. (Even though Alan Pardew tells us it's Spurs.)

I mean, they've got Phil Jones and everything.

Can't see us ever winning the league under Guardiola to be honest.
We will drop too many points.
To him possession is clearly more important than creating clear cut chances. He really hasn't yet got it yet how good and well drilled defences are in the Premier League. The reality is that if you take an extra touch in this league the chance is gone - no matter who you play.
Also, when the opposition is disorganised you need to go for it and take the chance of losing possession.
And don't get me started on his tinkering against anyone half decent. Yesterday it was Sane tomorrow it will be somthing else.
Will he ever learn? On last night's evidence no.

I don't mean to sound overly negative and realise I have posted a lot of negative posts. I am of course proud to be a blue and the future is enormously bright. I made a comment a week or two back about the fact that I am not even that bothered about us winning things immediately, I am just enjoying watch us play great football with exciting young talented players.

*However*, with regards to your post, we "battered" nearly every team we played last season too. Think about it. Which games do you recall where we were not clearly the better side? I don't remember many, if any. We were dominant in nearly every game we played, and yet we finished 15 points behind Chelsea.

This season, we've improved at the back enormously, so that should and will help (shame it didn't help last night, but moving on...). But in other respects, what we saw last night was a picture of last season encapsulated in one game.

Bent officials / shockingly bad refereeing? Check
Dominate possession? Check
Create loads of chances? Check
Woeful in front of goal? Check
Done by opposition with one chance, which they actually convert? Check

We've seen it all before. And unless / until something changes, we will see it all over again. We must stop doing the same things, playing the same way, over and over again and hoping it will produce a different outcome: it won't. We have to do different things. I don't know what, because I am not a football manager in any shape or form, but I do know that if we keep making the same mistakes, we can expect the same result by the end of the season. Let's hope Pep realises this and acts accordingly.
Was more the fact that we battered them whilst being a man short that has given me hope

Pep again at fault for us not getting 3 points.

Everton had no real fight or ambition and other than the ball in behind did not look capable of doing anything.

Sane is not a fucking wing back. A wing back clears the ball and does not keep it in. He was obviously struggling and Pep did nothing to fix it. Danilo was on the bench and should have started. We would not have conceded if Sane had have been played in a position that suits him.

1 down and their usual gamesmanship comes into it. Never a sending off but why... why...do we only start playing with urgency, pace and dare I say it, passion, when we are losing or a player down?

Everton were so deep otamendi and kompany could walk right up to the penalty box and shoot. It was 3pts on a plate.

Jesus Aguero Silva and De Bruyne does not work. They occupy each others space and the final ball is poor because they do not know where the other is running to. One goes in behind one time or drops deep the next.

We were better with De Bruyne deep and Silva as a no10 because they didnt clash. We were better with Aguero on his own because Sterling found better pockets of space.

I do not like how Pep has made our players look to pass when theyre in good areas of the pitch. Pickfords clearance that ended up at de bruynes feet he should be shooting not playing a cute pass to walker. Aguero had some good link up play but his selfishness is why he scores so many. The team are not scoring more with him playing the hold the ball up role so he either comes out of the team or we play another formation. Jesus is better at the link play but Aguero scores more.

Positive problems because we have so much strength in depth but need to sort things quickly. De Bruyne or Silva with Bernardo is how I would play it. Bernardo looks class. And get Sane on as part of a front three not a wing back!

We should not be conceding a goal, just because a wingback loses the ball.

It will happen on many occasions, whoever plays there.

We can't defend properly, with a two or a three & becase of that, we are unable to win tight games.

Can't see us ever winning the league under Guardiola to be honest.
We will drop too many points.
To him possession is clearly more important than creating clear cut chances. He really hasn't yet got it yet how good and well drilled defences are in the Premier League. The reality is that if you take an extra touch in this league the chance is gone - no matter who you play.
Also, when the opposition is disorganised you need to go for it and take the chance of losing possession.
And don't get me started on his tinkering against anyone half decent. Yesterday it was Sane tomorrow it will be somthing else.
Will he ever learn? On last night's evidence no.

you can't have watched any football the past two games then. defending in general has been terrible in the league, teams are making loss of defensive mistakes. everton were very much the exception last night. hes not going to change his style either.

We need to play a back 4 and get another forward player on. We need another left back though, can't rely on Mendy for a whole season and Sane can't do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.