Everton Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having the big 4 together (Vinny, Yaya, Silva and Kun)for one of the few times this season is a tremendous confidence boost. The last time they played together was when we battered Tottenham.

No excuses in this game. We have our best team available and fit.

Really difficult to pick the team for this game. I'm worried that it's Clichy's turn to play, as they seem to alternate. We need Kolarov, but Clichy will start for some stupid reason. Garcia doesn't deserve to be dropped, but probably will be. Nasri does deserve to be dropped, but probably won't be. It'll be interesting to see how Pellegrini goes with this one.

Thrilled Silva is gonna play. Never thought he'd have a shot in hell at playing for us again this year the way he was carted off.

Expect to see Clichy because he is the defensive choice. When we play a team that attacks well he plays because he's a better defender than Kolorov. He used to be a very good defender, not sure what's happened to him int he last 2 years. He has had his moments this year so hopefully he'll rise to the challenge. With Everton's right side being very attacking with Deulofeu and Coleman a good defender is what we need.

Stockport mackem said:
Redwolf said:
You lot make me laugh.

So what if you win the league we are LFC and we have our history you have nothing.

You will lose on Saturday, you will lose on your quest for the EPL and you will lose your best player in the summer.

We will rise like the pheonix from the flame and never, ever be overtaken again.

2014 Premier league champions.
2014 PFA player of the year Luis Suarez.
2014 Manager of the year Sir Brendan Rodgers.

YNWA.

Ps your Manager looks like my Grandad.

Your history presumably includes Heysel etc
Sunderland have a history....we actually have won the top division 6 times....but now we are shit.... The morale of this being...
History counts for nowt......it's about now

I have usually liked your posts, now I like them even more

Ric said:
I'm reasonably calm, considering what's at stake.

Part of it is down to the feeling that after Liverpool and Sunderland, I'd resigned myself to the 'fact' that our chance had gone. This feels like an unexpected, but very much welcomed, second opportunity. If you'd have offered me this scenario a few weeks ago I'd have snapped your hand off.

Secondly, I don't think there's much point fretting too much over stuff you have no control over. What will be, will be.

I fully expect Jagielka, Distin and Baines will all play which will make a difficult task that bit trickier. As is well documented, our record at Goodison is dire and they've been excellent on the whole at home this season.

The fact that their fans aren't desperate to win won't be a major factor. Martinez and the players will be up for it regardless, although hopefully it'll be a less hostile environment than in the past.

On the plus side, Silva's availability is a big boost for us. We have virtually a fully fit squad to choose from, which has been a rarity this season. And when we have, we tend to do well. Personally, I'd play Milner over Nasri but I suspect Pellegrini won't. I imagine we'll line up as follows:

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Toure
Nasri
Silva
Dzeko
Aguero

The stakes couldn't be higher tomorrow (actually, today - gulp), but it's too close to call. It's a great opportunity for Pellegrini and the players, I just hope they are able to take it. If we fail to win the league from here then we only have ourselves to blame over the course of the season.

Away from home Milner has to start.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Clichy
Fernandinho
Toure
Nasri
Silva
Milner
Aguero

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Ric said:
I'm reasonably calm, considering what's at stake.

Part of it is down to the feeling that after Liverpool and Sunderland, I'd resigned myself to the 'fact' that our chance had gone. This feels like an unexpected, but very much welcomed, second opportunity. If you'd have offered me this scenario a few weeks ago I'd have snapped your hand off.

Secondly, I don't think there's much point fretting too much over stuff you have no control over. What will be, will be.

I fully expect Jagielka, Distin and Baines will all play which will make a difficult task that bit trickier. As is well documented, our record at Goodison is dire and they've been excellent on the whole at home this season.

The fact that their fans aren't desperate to win won't be a major factor. Martinez and the players will be up for it regardless, although hopefully it'll be a less hostile environment than in the past.

On the plus side, Silva's availability is a big boost for us. We have virtually a fully fit squad to choose from, which has been a rarity this season. And when we have, we tend to do well. Personally, I'd play Milner over Nasri but I suspect Pellegrini won't. I imagine we'll line up as follows:

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Toure
Nasri
Silva
Dzeko
Aguero

The stakes couldn't be higher tomorrow (actually, today - gulp), but it's too close to call. It's a great opportunity for Pellegrini and the players, I just hope they are able to take it. If we fail to win the league from here then we only have ourselves to blame over the course of the season.

Away from home Milner has to start.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Clichy
Fernandinho
Toure
Nasri
Silva
Milner
Aguero

I don't think the gaffer is going to veer away from the current formula. That is, playing Kun and Ed up front. I am perfectly content with that because Dzeko is playing so well. He deserves to play in this game.

Incidentally I loved his celebration in front of the away supporters last week. He showed true passion, and that is what we will need against the blue dippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.