Everton Thread 2019/20

Sad to hear about the death of my Everton supporting mate, James Fitzgerald who passed away at the weekend aged 56.
"Jimmy" was Cambridge University educated and undoubtedly the funniest football fan I ever encountered.
I was with Jimmy on the day that Everton virtually clinched the League title after a goalless draw v City in 1987 (with Liverpool dropping points elsewhere)
I was also with him 27 years later when the roles were reversed, and City virtually clinched the Premier League at Goodison Park.
We were also big Lancashire fans, and I still laugh at the memory of him blagging us into the Blackpool Pavillion during a one day game v Middlesex.

RIP Jimmy and I hope Everton win a trophy as soon as possible.

Sad to hear about the death of my Everton supporting mate, James Fitzgerald who passed away at the weekend aged 56.
"Jimmy" was Cambridge University educated and undoubtedly the funniest football fan I ever encountered.
I was with Jimmy on the day that Everton virtually clinched the League title after a goalless draw v City in 1987 (with Liverpool dropping points elsewhere)
I was also with him 27 years later when the roles were reversed, and City virtually clinched the Premier League at Goodison Park.
We were also big Lancashire fans, and I still laugh at the memory of him blagging us into the Blackpool Pavillion during a one day game v Middlesex.

He sounds like a real character.

My deepest condolences. R. I. P. Jimmy.

Sounds like a top bloke. So sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss mate.

I thought it was time we bumped this.
In 1974 the bastards chased me all the way until I found a mounted dibble who saved me from a good kicking. but I don't hate them for it.
When Moyes was there and we bought players he stirred the hatred, but I don't hate them (fans) for it,
The reason for bumping this is:
I do not hate scousers, the city is great, it is vibrant, modern and a great place to drink. it is not Everton fans that make the city a scummy place, it is that shower of shit.
Yes there is rivalry with Everton, and so it should be, but do not confuse the two.

I thought it was time we bumped this.
In 1974 the bastards chased me all the way until I found a mounted dibble who saved me from a good kicking. but I don't hate them for it.
When Moyes was there and we bought players he stirred the hatred, but I don't hate them (fans) for it,
The reason for bumping this is:
I do not hate scousers, the city is great, it is vibrant, modern and a great place to drink. it is not Everton fans that make the city a scummy place, it is that shower of shit.
Yes there is rivalry with Everton, and so it should be, but do not confuse the two.
these poor fuckers have to share the same City with this Cult.....saying that i've always found the very worst & most unbearable dippers usually live nowhere near Liverpool....

I haven't been in Manchester for couple of years apart from the game. Chatting to locals there you can almost tell who they support. Liverpool is pretty much the same, the red half can't wait to tell you how great they are and bore you with their history and mock you for being a blue. When I go back if they are playing at home we avoid town like the plague. So full of their own self importance it's funny.
Even now you can sense they would use the high moral ground they love if they are/aren't awarded the premier title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.