Everton thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ancelotti apart( and even he had his doubters), from Moyes onwards every appointment as manager has divided our fanbase. So Benitez even with his liverpool connections is not unique in that. Some will never forgive him that, personally I don't care if I thought he could do a good job. My concerns are he is nearing the end of a successful career rather than beginning one.
It is certainly a risk because he won't get much of a honeymoon period from the fans. That said there is no doubt that Benitez has had spells at other clubs where he was fantastic. It all depends on whether Everton invest in the squad. The current players are just below the levels required to push into the top four, whoever the manager is.
I honestly feel Duncan Ferguson would have been a disaster as manager. Everton have not got time for any experiments. They can't afford to blow the once in a lifetime chance of making the most of moving to an iconic new stadium. They have to step up now.

It is certainly a risk because he won't get much of a honeymoon period from the fans. That said there is no doubt that Benitez has had spells at other clubs where he was fantastic. It all depends on whether Everton invest in the squad. The current players are just below the levels required to push into the top four, whoever the manager is.
I honestly feel Duncan Ferguson would have been a disaster as manager. Everton have not got time for any experiments. They can't afford to blow the once in a lifetime chance of making the most of moving to an iconic new stadium. They have to step up now.
This will not end well for sure and for most it will have ended before its begun. I wouldn't have wanted Ferguson for a lot of reasons but I don't think this is a good appointment. To be successful you need a club all working in the same direction- this will divide our fanbase before it's even started.

Under Benitez they will play 11 behind the ball and not dare to cross the half way line against anybody half decent. A grim season ahead for Evertonians, if he lasts that long. A bad start and the fans could chase him off by Christmas

It’s a definite step up from Newcastle these days and let’s hope he can get Everton to start regularly shaving points off their despicable neighbours. Alex McCleish/ Steve Bruce at Birmingham/ Villa spring to mind here -so God knows what Rafa is thinking taking the Job on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.