Everton Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would have happened if the red dippers had not got all English Teams banned is probably the greatest "What if" of football. The Everton team that Kendall built was fantastic and could probably have dominated for years given the opportunity. I hate United with a passion but they have never shat on us in the same way that Liverpool did on Everton.

For this and the fact that our resident Evertonians are a decent bunch I hope they do well this coming season. Try to take some points of the red dippers for once though!
Absolutely. Everton were genuinely shafted by outside events more than any club I can recall. We knackered ourselves sacking Tony Book in a dip. It cost us 30 years.

What would have happened if the red dippers had not got all English Teams banned is probably the greatest "What if" of football. The Everton team that Kendall built was fantastic and could probably have dominated for years given the opportunity. I hate United with a passion but they have never shat on us in the same way that Liverpool did on Everton.

For this and the fact that our resident Evertonians are a decent bunch I hope they do well this coming season. Try to take some points of the red dippers for once though!
And dont they take pride in it.
That Steua banner cunts of the highest order.
Kendalls Everton side were a great side,no doubt in my mind they would have won the european cup.

And dont they take pride in it.
That Steua banner cunts of the highest order.
Kendalls Everton side were a great side,no doubt in my mind they would have won the european cup.

The Steau banner more than anything summed them up. You have to bear in mind that the flags displayed on the Kop are orchestrated so they can't even say it was a random idea..After Heysel rightly or wrongly the relationship between blues and reds definitely degenerated with both fans blaming the other. Lots of teams in fairness suffered because of the European ban and I think even without it our squad was breaking up

Damning indictment of our recruitment in the last few years that Tarkowski and McNeil improve us a lot. I was undecided on Tarkowski when we got him but he's been very good so far. Im really suprised by his ability on the ball too, he's very composed.

McNeil l have always been a fan of. Had a poor season last year but was their best player on the run in, playing from the right which is where I think he will pkay for us. Still only 22 and has potential, just hope he fulfills it as we havent improved a player in years.

Looks like Gana coming back too on a free - love him. We really struggled to replace him and its amusing that he's the replacement.

We still need another forward and at least 1 CM though

Posted before about the great, footballing English teams I've witnessed and appreciated over the years since The Old Man first took me to Maine Road, most notably

- Spurs 60-62 under Bill Nicholson
- Forest 77-82 under Cloughie
- Villa's title year under (yes!) Saunders
- Liverpool 77-80 under Paisley
- Arsenal mid-90s under Wenger

But for me, good as they were, none of them were as thrilling to watch as that Everton side under Kendall. Pace, skill and an amazing work ethic throughout the team. And the jewel in its crown (again, for me) was Kevin Sheedy.. what a player, great vision and what a left peg!

Everton should have at least one European Cup to its name. We all know who's to blame for the fact that the club doesn't to this day..

I like Everton a lot and got two good pals who are ST holders at Goodison. Fear for them this term. Need DCL to regain some form otherwise I don’t see where they’re scoring goals from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.