Everton v City post match

Genuine question.

Would you get rid of Pep tonight if Mancini would come in tomorrow?
No. Because when I wipe the tears from my misty eyes of the sick swan and the first cups and title I remember a lot of sideways passing, dull draws, frustrating slow play,and threads like this.

Probably about the 6th or so time we have been 3 or 4 down in the last 18 months I think.

14 of the last 22 shots on target have gone in. That's only 8 goals better than playing without a keeper. We'd be better off playing with 11 outfield players and just playing Fly Keeper.

I keep seeing on here comments like 'the flappers will be out' but in reality the 'flappers' have been expressing concern over problems that are becoming realer and realer as the weeks go by.

We have bought ridiculously badly but the worst thing is I'm not convinced in the slightest that we will put that right in the next few windows. We will no doubt continue to concentrate on the flavour of the month signings like Otamendi and Mangala both were or we will carry on blowing 40-50m on another young lad we could have had for 10m the year before. Or we will spend 30m on another keeper only to find out that he's also not as good as what we loaned out in August. It's a joke. We are not only losing games, but we are going 3 and 4 down to mediocre teams. We have somehow become both the biggest scalp and the softest touch and as a result teams find an extra 20% against us and as soon as a game gets away from us we become an even bigger shambles.

That's exactly what it is, and quite honestly I don't see it changing significantly any time soon. In fact, I'm far from convinced it'll have changed significantly in 12 months time even after a major transfer window, because our style of play is too easy for teams in this particular league to overcome. If you're a shambles like West Ham or you want to come out and try and give us a game like Arsenal, then sure, like as not we'll tear you a new one, but if you want to sit deep, keep your discipline, and then counterattack with power and pace then you'll turn us over again and again.

Put simply you cannot defend in this wide open fashion in English football, no matter who your defenders are, because virtually every team has got a lummox to relieve the pressure (Lukaku, King, Wickham, Giroud, Vokes, Slimani, Costa, Kane, Rondon, Carroll, Llorente, the list goes on and on) and midfielders with the pace and determination to get downfield and take advantage. Chuck in a keeper, who looks genuinely incapable of saving anything, and you've got a recipe for fuck all. If Pep thinks we were unlucky in any way today he's living in a fantasy world. We got precisely what we deserved (not for the first time) for a fatally flawed game plan, and we were undone again by opposition who didn't even have to be good to beat us, just organised and committed.

Sad but true...

What I would give for the return of the King. Mancini. Great attacking play, hard working, AGGRESSIVE, and solid at the back.

Do you know what - people said before that Pep is a fraud. I now believe them.

Fucking shambles again. Played OK first half, but once again we're behind at half time not because the other team were better, but because we have gifted them a goal, with a poor pass, and lack of interest in defending from our forward players. The second half was a disgraceful performance from most.

I'd say only Sterling could hold his head up high today, though Silva and Yaya kept trying, Sagna mostly did OK, the rest shouldn't be paid for today.

Without wanting to make any excuses, once again we should have been in front but for a refereeing decision, and once again we watch a team continually foul and not get carded, whilst Silva makes one foul, and he can't get the card out quick enough.

To be hammered by that Everton side is a shambles, but they had the desire to win, especially Davies who looked a good prospect (but probably should have had at least 2 yellows), and we had no desire at all.

There's a number of players who play like today whenever it gets tough, and its time they either turned up or f*cked off !

Superb summary, agree with every word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.