Everton v City post match

I just think that everything seems over complicated at the moment and as a result too many players are not playing their natural game or to their strengths.

For all of the talk of Stones' brilliance on the ball and stepping out of defence, the fact Silva and KDB are so deep means we never actually utilise that ability. KDB seems to be playing far too deep and when our pacy wide-men in Sterling and Sane beat a man, there is no physical presence in the box.

I think Peps comments about us having to keep the ball because all of our rivals are stronger and faster speaks volumes. We drastically need more pace, energy and movement in this side. Van Aanholt and Lukaku are two players I think we should go all out to buy. They'll be attainable and would instantly add something to the side.

Sorry but no excuses that was simply unacceptable.

Tixi has landed the manager with an ageing squad with very little pace and no height up front, and the manager has not got a clue how to improve things - instead he gets rid on the England goalkeeper and brings in one who is obviously not up to the demands of the job.

We can write this season off as we are showing no signs of forward progress and have no leader on the pitch.

Will Pep get it right in the end? I am starting to think he will not and maybe he might even call it quits before much longer.

We are wasting players with the ability of De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva and Sterling by having a team with a soft centre in midfield and one that hasn't got a clue how to defend.
Still hoping he'll get it right but showing the same pigheadedness as our last manager.

This playing out from the back isn't working we spend 3/4 passes too long fucking about until we get under pressure then instead of a quick attach with half the other team out of position we scrape it into midfield and start umbrella passing again while they all get back.

It's shite and I'd expect a worldclass manager to either get the players doing it properly or if they can't actually coach and adapt a system to suit.

just think what the score might have been if Pep hadnt of had 9 days to prepare the team !!

Pep picked the team most posters wanted,the one that won 5-0 with a brilliant back to front display at West Ham.

In the event he reverted to Claudio but the rest were our choice. They let us & him down & I guess he's as bewildered and sick as we are now.

Some of the performances & efforts were shameful wernt they Aguero,Sterling & Clichy.

1 step forad....2 steps back.....it's the Maine Road Mambo AGAIN.

I suggested Pickering on 2nd January & Joe Hart on 1st July.

Some of the playground gang on here had a much more enlightened view....Barcas No 2, a goal keeper who doesn't have to make saves. Quite a novelty even by their standards.

My issue with Pep so far is his stubborness.

But let's not blame him for today.

Why not? Why is DeBruyne playing far away from goal? Where is Nolito who has 100% win percent when he starts? Where is Sane who played a blinder against Arsenal?

Pep picked the team most posters wanted,the one that won 5-0 with a brilliant back to front display at West Ham.

In the event he reverted to Claudio but the rest were our choice. They let us & him down & I guess he's as bewildered and sick as we are now.

Some of the performances & efforts were shameful wernt they Aguero,Sterling & Clichy ?

1 step forad....2 steps back.....it's the Maine Road Mambo AGAIN.
This.....bar bravo, most people would have picked that exact team. Us and Pep are being let down by some atrocious individual performances. Yaya today had a hand in 3 goals and offered nothing going forward, Clichy cannot get the basics of defending right. We need to get some players in who can actually play at the required standard....the question is can we do this!?

I like Ottamendi's grit but his positioning for the first two goals was very poor.
One of the few negative things I will say about the match (there is plenty of that going around already) is that I wish Nico would stop the play acting. It is embarrassing and further tarnishes our image in the eyes of the media, neutrals, and opposing supporters, which lends to the booing and anti-City atmosphere that seems to be building these days. It's one thing to play in a stadium full of supporters singing on their team but it's another when every arse is motivated to boo and scream abuse at all of our players for merely being there. And the media will start painting a picture of us being sore losers or an underhanded team, which will not go down well with our owners. We already have the end of the Chelsea match to try to move past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.