Everton v City post match

Good Lord that was terrible - two goals down to the keeper, two down to Yaya. No leadership, no commitment only yellow cards given for cheap fouls none for actual aggression. Lack of interest from many of the players - are they not buying into the Pep mantra? 10 days rest and time to prepare has made us a shambles. The Gabriel Jesus fiasco, the doping fine, the complete lack of media handling by Vicky Kloss not a good day to be a blue.

Hey ho mate, we've had worse but I'm with you.

In Joe's last City game he made a point to Pep - sweeper keeper - 100 per cent pass accuracy. Joe is actually a decent outfield player at a certain level. Without doubt he could have adjusted his game to suit Pep. But a GK being good with his feet is a secondary benefit. De Gea, Courtois, Lloris all have inferior records to Joe over an extended period. At international level, he has around 6 clean sheets more than Neuer in around 6 fewer games. Compare England's defence to Germany's. Buffon and Messi rate Joe as being an extraordinary goalkeeper......
So long as you don't shoot low to his left.

i'm not disagreeing with that at all, but I want to ask, when you saw he was back in nets, what was your first thought? Mine was "we're fucked, again".
I wonder if the rest of the team think the same thing.

I said willy should start but let's not forget the crap he has got in the past

I never said it was and the original question didn't refer to Pep, so what point are you making ?
It was a sarcastic comment on the over the top posts about Pep today, it wasn't aimed at you. I was just using your post as a setup.

I do concede that Otamendi hasn't set the world alight, or shown frequent enough moments of brilliance, but I refuse to accept that he's a terrible signing, apart from the fact that we play a system that makes every defender look poor. Remember when we had a solid defensive base with Mancini, and Kompany and Nastasic or Lesctott looked amazingly solid together, well 2 of those aren't amazing defenders, but they looked it in that system, and the opposite is true now.
Otamendi is a totally reactionary defender and regardless of what system he is playing in he will be up and down with his performance level because of the decisions he makes.

I'd be more pissed off with city if we started hoofing it up to get a goal.

Then you're an embarrassment. There's more than one way to win a game, it was very clear by about 60 minutes we wasn't breaking them down, you need a plan B and us aimlessly passing the ball in the final third and creating nothing was fucking appalling today. Would you rather lose 4-0 as long as we made some nice little triangles or go more direct when needed?

It's a game of results

It looks like the frustration comes from them knowing that we aren't playing to our potential. The players have played better than this together previously, then someone has come in, changed it all, and now they're playing worse, getting worse results and that can't feel good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.