Everton v City post match

He will never get the team he wants. He has bought half a dozen already but doesn't seem to rate half of them. It's not like he is managing at bloody Conference North and taking a chance on a part time player from even lower down the chain after scouting him twice himself. He is paying 30 mill for German internationals (for example) and then doesn't seem to think he is good enough after buying him. How is that possible?

I think that's a little unfair. Sane is one for the future and will be great for us. We are probably guilty of buying for the future last summer when we really needed players who could step in and do a job. I'm still convinced Pep can get us where he wants to get us to - it's not just about huge buys its about buying committment and consistency. We have quality in the squad but we dont have sufficient bottle at the moment.

i know he likes to come out of defence to make a challenge, and last season you could watch him do it and tally up how effective it was. I did it over a number of games and his success rate was about 90%. This season I know that 4 out of 5 will be unsuccesful. They are just so exposed, so lacking in solidity and structure and they get desperate. If that's his style in defence, it just comes down to decision making, and picking the right moment to come out and the right moment to stay, but if you don't have a solid base, you're decision making is going to be affected and you'll be more error prone.
Yeah I see you where you are coming from. At the end of the day every player benefits from playing in a system where weaknesses can be hidden.

The midfield is a massive problem though. Not one of our midfielders know how to play off the ball. Now that problem may stem from just one or two players not contributing effectively without the ball or it may stem from none of them contributing. The only midfielder who actually takes ownership of his off the ball role is Fernandinho but he causes us massive problems become his decision making in terms of when to engage and when to drop off is poor and as a result often engages with little regard for the gap he is leaving in behind himself. That's normally the kick start to the chain of events that unfold when Otamendi comes clattering out of his position to close down space. It creates problems with covering players because they also have little time to react and if those players are fairly passive (Yaya is, Silva is, KDB is, Kolarov is, Stones is) it creates massive issues, because by the time they have switched on to what's happening, it's already unfolded and we are a goal worse off.

Hey friends been a long time since I posted here, was wondering where the pep out club can be found? We are a fucking embarrassment and it is entirely the fault of gaurdiola and his, I said it before he joined as well. the egotistical **** believes his own shite and now he's finding out what it's like to play in a competitive league he can't handle it. He is out of his depth because he has never actually had to do any difficult work, chances the best out of the greatest Barca squad in history and underachieved with Bayern in the Bayern Munich league and now he thinks he's the shit. We will never win a competition with gaurdiola in charge he is too weak it's time to stop this mess while we can still save some face
Beep beep....

People have said that about super duper joey though and that was my point, we got beat by mismanagement today and until people start discussing that everything else is pointless. If pretty much every defender and defensive midfielder is not up to how pep wants to play arguing about individuals is pointless. We could swap any of our goalkeepers, defenders and dms for each other and we will still concede. Sagna has been okay,dinho good the rest have been pretty poor

I agree with most of what you are saying but like i just said in another thread...its quite ironic that Peps tactics have made other teams respond in such a way that we don't actually need a keeper who is good with his feet as very few teams are pressing us that hard...What also Peps tactics have done is meant that cause our midfield and fullbacks push so high that when this breaks down there are situations where we have 2-3- defenders vs 2-3 attackers.....as Pep says they have to be good at one on ones...(which they aint)..but this also means the goalkeeper and Bravo is shit at it.. you say he couldn't do anything about the goals today but the third and 4th goals he would have made a better attempt at as Hart was brilliant at making himself big and blocking one on ones and id put money on the fact than he would have done a better job than bravo on the 3rd and 4th goals.

Did anyone else notice as well that the second goal was remarkably like the chelsea second goal that William scored...hit it early and bravo was no where near set and he got nowhere near it...same sort of position (maybe a bit closer to goal when he hit it)

Same old sad as fuck city fans calling for peps head. What ever happened too we fight till the end??????? Bad result today fucking gutted tbh but no need call for peps head and all the rest of the bullshit.

Not sure most are calling for his head to be fair. We need to give him time and get behind him 100%. I think this time next season there will be gallons of humble pie. The frustration I think at the moment is the learning curve seems to be steep. Willy is not the best keeper in the world but gives the defence more confidence. Just as an example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.